[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your grass will NEVER be this green. Your grass will NEVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_2784.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
Your grass will NEVER be this green.

Your grass will NEVER be this healthy.

How does this make you feel?
>>
Indifferent.
Shouldn't you rake all that dead grass away, if you're trying to impress people?
>>
Like I live in an apartment building.
>>
>>989093
my grass is greener.
my grass is healthier.
I'm mexican.
>>
>>989093
Grass is actually pretty fucking useless so meh.....
>>
>>989093

In the tropics we only ever have to now our grass.

Never have to over seed
Never have to aerate
Never have to fertilize

I have lawns decades old that look great and have never received anything other than the big monthly mowing
>>
My grass is.

It is just constantly having weeds pop up in it, because the neighbors don't remove the weeds in theirs.
>>
>>989093
i prefer moss, it doesn't need mowing, stays green, and is nicer to walk on
>>
Can't say I really care. I mow the grass and that's it. I have better things to spend my time on than making my lawn look nice.
>>
>>989093
My grass is made up of 100s of different types of plants, most of which are edible. Your grass, to me, looks terrible.

People who are anti-weeds in their manicured lawns are imbeciles.
>>
I can't really tell from the picture, but:

if that's bluegrass, then congratulations, nice lawn. You kids will love to play on that lawn.

If it's St Augustine, you dun goofed.
>>
>>989093
Fuck Kentucky blue grass. I'm planting crab gresss and flowers. Because I hate mowing my lawn.
>>
File: WP_20160426_12_24_39_Pro.jpg (4 MB, 5344x3008) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160426_12_24_39_Pro.jpg
4 MB, 5344x3008
>>989226
*flop*
>>
>>989228
>carpet
>rabbit shit pellets
hooo baby
>>
>>989229
>Keeping your pets in a 2x1 cage
I cannot see one piece of shit right now in the living room.

They are around, but honestly never bothered me anyway. They go in the litter box 99% of the time, and it doesn't stink, at least nothing like cat or dog piss/shit.
>>
zoysia is the superior lawn grass.
>>
>>989101
>my grass
the lawn of the white family you mow for is not your grass, Julio.
>>
File: 20160501_152811.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160501_152811.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>989226
>>989228

Mine are going to be outdoors rabbits soon. I'm building the rabbit hutch this week.
They may or not be food. I haven't decided.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2623x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2623x2448
>giving a shit about have your grass looks
>>
>hate yard work of any kind because it's 120F outside in the shade
>2 times a year use ground clear concentrate on rock garden I call a yard. Don't bother watering it down.

Desert weeds are ridiculously persistent. You can keep your green uniform field of wasted time.
>>
Tore out all of my grass and planted native plants.

Best decision of my life.
>>
meadows > lawns
>>
>>989093
> Current year
> Not having border brothers do it better
> for cheap

I've got other things I'd rather diy than fucking with the lawn
>>
>>989417
enjoy your ticks.
>>
Who the fuck still grows grass?

Native plants are where it's at.
>>
File: reds.jpg (134 KB, 916x814) Image search: [Google]
reds.jpg
134 KB, 916x814
>>989455
That's what chickens are for.
>>
>>989223
>>989226
>>989244

It's turf-type tall fescue, which is probably the best suited cultivar for central midwest climates.

>>989413
>>989460
Is "native plants" code for alligator weeds, dandelions, crabgrass, knotweeds and all the rest of those ugly plants that dilapidated properties grace their lawns with?
>>
>>989093
I live in a temperate forest in the united states. My grass looks like that or better without doing anything. I dont water it, I dont "feed" it.. all I do is mow.
>>
a nitrogen based fertilizer will give it a nice deep green.
>>
File: IMG_20160506_201420553_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160506_201420553_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>989093
Mine is.>>989093
>>
>>989093
I never heard of people compensate their small penises with grass. Gg OP
>>
File: Boba-Thai-Tea[1].jpg (682 KB, 1000x1494) Image search: [Google]
Boba-Thai-Tea[1].jpg
682 KB, 1000x1494
>>989228
You can make tea now
>>
File: holt_1053_227.jpg (519 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
holt_1053_227.jpg
519 KB, 800x533
>>989504
No. Native plants are for the south western US where we never have water and should never, ever have gotten addicted to grass because we absolutely cannot afford it if water prices were not subsidized by the government.
>>
>>989093
>Your grass will NEVER be this green.
>Your grass will NEVER be this healthy.
I have not, nor will I ever, give a fuck about how "heathly" my grass is.
>>
>>989093
sheep mow and fertillize my grass
its is a renewable resource for me
not for a gardener or lawn mower salesman
but please, feel free to continue to dump chemicals on your lawn
in order to increase your "curb appeal"
>>
For god sake, I live in Missouri practically in a forrest. I have grass greener and fresher than that growing on my ceiling.
>>
>>989093

> he buys a mower
> he bought a sprinkler system
> he pays for water
> he pays for property

You sound like one of those people who literally falls for every jewish trick in the book

I bet you work a shit job just so you can pay for shit you don't really even want, like your lawn.
>>
File: bunny poop.jpg (57 KB, 764x632) Image search: [Google]
bunny poop.jpg
57 KB, 764x632
>>990166
>>
>>989093
Wow, how neat; something to look at while you starve.
>>
FYI, OP, all of your neighbours think you're a little strange and that obsessing over your lawn is the mark of a weirdo.

But you do you.
>>
>>989455
what could be better than ticks on your tits?
>>
>>990717
Or his wife nags the living shit out of him so he'll do ANYTHING to get away. Knew a guy that rotated the wheels on his automatic pool cleaner once a week for this reason exactly. Not getting any pussy, OP?

>captcha=select all images with grass
>>
why are you Americans obsessed with manicured lawns? of all the things you could pride your garden on its the most boring shit ever. they don't even look good.
>>
>>989093

I have to have grass, i want to live in a flat!
>>
>>991331
Because our homes usually come with big plots of land. And grass is nearly maintenance free compared to other forms of gardening. It's still a considerable expense when you have an acre of land to manage by your lonesome
>>
File: Snapchat-1725902972728452894.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1725902972728452894.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>989093
I want you to know you are not special.
>>
>>991330
>>991330
Hah wowzers. Never thought of that, but it's a fairly legit reason I guess
>>
In all seriousness, for those of you who shared your near perfect lawn pics, what is the secret. I would like to improve my lawn if not for any other reason but to outdo my neighbor who I must admit has a perfect lawn. I know it needs to be cut and watered so spare these obvious remarks. I want to know what home depot products I need to buy and what works for those of you that got your grass to be so full and green.
>>
>>992149
Either
A.) living where grass can already easily grow naturally and putting a shitload of work into killing weeds unless you don't mind those

Or

B.) spending a shitload of money in chemicals and water to keep your grass green year round because you live in an area where "lawn" grass is not native and really shouldn't even be alive.

Bonus points if you're in a state with severe droughts and water restrictions but you waste an assload of water anyways, because fuck everyone else as long as my foot tickler crop is green.
>>
I live up north rain is not an issue. I did get quite a lot of dandelions grow in the last couple weeks, which I've managed to get rid of using a weed killer spray, however, my grass still looks really unhealthy compared to my neighbors lawns. You can literally see where my neighbors grass ends and mine begins. It's not so much that its yellow or anything, but its super thin and looks like I haven't watered it which is not the case becuase we've had a ton of rain over the last several weeks. I even went as far as sprinkling that stuff they sell at the store to put back some grass seeds/nutrients but in all honesty I don't know how much I really believe in that stuff. Maybe there are products out there that do work, I just haven't come across them yet. Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>992168
most of it is literally just watering your grass.
If that doesn't work there is an issue with the soil, and you have to know what that issue is to fix it.
Too acidic vs too basic.
Not enough nitrogen compounds.
etc.
>>
>>992149
Diesel fuel.

If you lived in the 50s.
>>
>>992173
We do get snow, like 5 months out of the year. I rake the fall leaves and try to get as much stuff out of the grass before winter months hit. Perhaps you are right, the soil might be lacking in certain compounds like nitrogen or may not be the right pH. I will definitely look into it. Thank you whoever you are for responding.
>>
>>989093
Indifferent.
I'm hoping for a dry summer for several reasons.
I'm building a home for myself.
The sun will kill the lawn where I live now. I hate mowing the lawn. It's a complete waste of my time and resources. It's a wonderful moment when the lawn slowly starts to go yellow and wither...
>>
>>989093
Looks a bit yellow to me. Also where the fuck are my dandelions and clover? How am I gonna feed my bee hives?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.