[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've posted a few times before about my decellulariz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
So I've posted a few times before about my decellularization projects. First I did fruit, then I did a liver and now I finally got around to doing a whole heart. The process removes all the cellular material from a piece of tissue to leave only a white scaffold. This has become a fairly common technique in tissue engineering as the scaffold could be used to grow a new heart if you seed it with your own stem cells. I made a video going through the whole process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcMyicfrL8
>>
>>988807
that's really cool.

did you ever compare weights prior and post decellularization?
>>
>>988881
No but now that you mention it I wish I had. woulda been cool to see how much stuff comes out
>>
>>988881
I can say that it felt a lot lighter when I picked it up though
>>
>>988888
do you think it weighed 8.8888g less?

did the texture feel any different?
>>
>>988890
felt softer and was easier to compress. When it was fresh you couldn't really squeeze it to make it pump, but afterwords you could. So less tough i guess? I doubt it weighed exactly that much less.
>>
where did you go to school?
>>
>>988807
I thought it hilarious that some news article recently showed how scientists "just" discovered you can use apples for tissue regeneration/growing. It was a bit of a hurr durr moment.
>>
>>990945
Right? I get really annoyed with the sheer number of scientist who are so wrapped up in publish or perish they forgot to think and actually innovate. Within a day of understanding decellularization I'd already started thinking of every other kind of tissue where the same technique could be useful. Apples and fruit and such are a very obvious step and it's silly that people missed it for the 10-15 years decellularization has been around.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.