[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he apply glue to both sides of the wood as if it made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: matthias.jpg (83 KB, 538x539) Image search: [Google]
matthias.jpg
83 KB, 538x539
Why does he apply glue to both sides of the wood as if it made his joinery stronger?

Is he just superstitious?
>>
>>987234
No, it's because it makes a better bond if you ensure that both faces are completely coated.
>>
>>987241
Also, a thick layer of glue on one side will be less even than a thin layer, because surface tension will help to distribute the glue.
>>
>>987234
In woodworking its better to apply more glue and have some squeeze-out then to apply too little and only find out when you start clamping things up.

Also >>987241
>>
>>987234
glue soaks in to the wood via capillary action.

you need to expose glue to the atmosphere for it to begin to cure. otherwise aerobic glue would just harden in the bottle. you only join once tacky.
>>
Off topic but is he autistic? I just thought he was a bit odd but some people who "knew" him said he had autism.
>>
>>987314
He has a wife and kid so I doubt he's that autistic.
>>
>>987314
If he is then he is very high functioning, he used to do research for RIM (BlackBerry Limited), I think he might be a bit more of an aspie than an autist if he's anything at all, but he's definitely odd I'll give you that!
>>
>>987314
I've met engineers that you could consider far more autistic that him.
>>
>>987332
His wife is also clearly autistic.
>>
>>987234
He's just a meticulous guy, are they so rare in Murrica?
>>
>>987344
He's Canadian though
>>
>>987234
maybe he actually knows what he's doing
>>
> take a smart, considered, scientific approach to something and do it really well
> hurr durr must be autism
The jealousy is almost unbearable
>>
I have nothing but respect for this guy, but I find him a tad too cheap and stingy sometimes.

Regardless, you can't argue with his results.

Also, what the fuck does he do for a living?

Sell panto-router patents?
>>
>>987360

I'm only jealous of his shop and the time he gets to spend in it

I probably wouldn't be on YouTube if that were my shop I'd be making furniture on the side
>>
>>987341
But not bad looking, especially for an autistic aspie like him.
>>
>>987387
Well he doesn't need to work anymore. Even without sponsorships, he's making more than enough off YouTube alone. His life is an exercise in diligence and modesty. Guessing he still holds down a 9 to 5 because why not.
>>
>>987340
As an engineer, yeah there's some genuine weirdos in this career, but not as many autistic types as you may think.
Autists do well in solving conventional problems, analysis and numbers, so lots of them end up in accountancy, statistics and the like.

Lateral problem solving and radical solutions aren't something autists do real well and that's a big part of practical engineering, when conventional means just don't work and they call you at some ungodly hour to unfuck their shit. Hence, engineers don't like people very much because they stuff up a perfectly good machine that was working before they started touching it, hit it repeatedly with a hammer, put it together incorrectly and drop a can of drink over some piece of high voltage technical equipment.
Its not that we hate people, we just hate people that fuck up our stuff.
>>
>>987513
>Lateral problem solving and radical solutions aren't something autists do real well
Really? The most competent programmer I've ever met was a diagnosed autist. He certainly had no problems with lateral thinking and often came up with (good) solutions others hadn't considered.
>>
>>987519
There is no one "autism". It's a common word for all conditions that severly impare your social skills. Autist range from outright retarded, to geniuses in one particular (very particular) field.
>>
>>987519
>solutions
>>
Any halfway decent woodworker is at least a little bit of an aspie.
>>
>>987544
dabrowskis excitabilities. it's about the inability to shut out parts of the world like normies do. it all gets processed. so none of it gets processed. it's like hitting your ram limit and then apps start crashing and everything slows down.
>>
>>987519

Could he solve his failed approach on a grill?
>>
>>987504

She probably satisfies his fettishes too.
>>
>>987574
Yea it the repetitive movement that calms and relaxs them that's a dead give away
>>
>>987506
He worked at RIM since the early 90s and left before it tanked, maybe he got a nice severance package.

With all that video making, editing and parenting i doubt he's got a 9-5 other than making the odd piece of furniture for friends and relatives.
>>
>>987580
Yes, he had a wife.
How does it feel when a card carrying autist has a wife while you have to use your own hand?
>>
>>987588
I hate sanding but I sure do enjoy drilling in the drill press
>>
>>987627
hope, since i'm an aspie myself
>>
>>987582
This is now a Matthias Wandel's fetish thread
>>
>>989111

>you fap to the sound of hi speed hammering
>tfw no wife to hammer nails into pine
>>
>>989111
Walnut butt-plug.
Hand turned, quintuple lacquered, sanded and polished with 50k to a high sheen. Walnut stock used to be an old door stop found in his fathers shop. Embedded inside is an arduino and a radio transceiver hooked up to a raspberry pi that randomizes vibrations.

She also wears lingerie in that ugly green color he paints all his shop tools.
>>
File: come at me bro.jpg (89 KB, 707x900) Image search: [Google]
come at me bro.jpg
89 KB, 707x900
post rare Matthias
>>
>>989322
> arduino hooked up to a raspberry pi
absolute madman
>>
>>987234
How do people deal with this guy, he's like 50% serial killer 50% Dave Mitchell. I'd expect him to beat someone to death in a restaurant for not cutting his carrots the "correct" way.
>>
>>989422
Why are normies so triggered by autists? He seems fine to me.
>>
>>989424

Because we have seen many autists fly off the handle for shit that the average folk wouldn't bat an eyelash at.
>>
>>989322
> lingerie in that ugly green color he paints all his shop tools
lost it
>>
>>989322
Dubs suggests true.

I'd bang her over his wheelie desk though, just because I think he's probably a cuck.
>>
>>989477
> Dubs suggests true.
Dubs suggests true.
>>
File: rachel04.jpg (26 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rachel04.jpg
26 KB, 500x281
>>989491
>oh hey daddy. I'm just making your big piece of hard wood straight. Do you like my sweatpants? They're skin tight for you daddy. I want you to see every radius, Matthias won't be back for hours, he's trying to catch mice with his arduino. Wanna try pushing that hard length of wood in for me?
>>
>>989497
MOAR!
>>
File: finish16.jpg (11 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
finish16.jpg
11 KB, 300x230
>>989518
>Oh! Hey daddy. I was surprised when you walked in. I was just putting away my laundry and you walked in just as I was putting away my panties. How strange? Almost like you timed it perfect to see me . This draw is just what I wear for Matthias. He's so dull and boring. He never appreciated the tiny little thongs I wear. I'm sure you would though daddy.
>>
>>989526
*slow fap*

don't judge me, just post more
>>
>>989531
Have no more photos to work off...
>>
File: GotWood.jpg (122 KB, 1282x668) Image search: [Google]
GotWood.jpg
122 KB, 1282x668
>>989539
'Hmm.. if only Matthias had wood of this caliber'
>>
>tfw no qt aspie woodworking wife
>>
File: how to give a sick burn.jpg (82 KB, 1266x675) Image search: [Google]
how to give a sick burn.jpg
82 KB, 1266x675
For real though, Mathias seems like an ok dude. Just because he's fastidious doesn't mean he's an autist. And trying to demean a man, or suggest he's some kind of milquetoast, when he cuts his own lumber and builds his own tools is not cool.

Also, joke and fantasize about sluts all you want, but focusing that directly at a guys apparently happy wife, is also not cool.

>I bet before you even got near his wife, he would build a wooden gear, screw advance, ass-kicking machine, powered by a motor that he picked off the curb for free.
>Then he'd go home and get a long sloppy deep-throat from his wife while he hand sharpens his bandsaw blades.
>By the time you limp your bruised ass back home, you'd find he'd already mailed you a letter with a 10$ gift card to Canadian Tire; "Sorry about your ass, buddy. Go buy some lube for it."
>>
Oh, he's Canadian? Oh well it all makes sense now.
>>
>>989605
It's alright bre, I think everyone here respects the guy, just having some fun.
>>
>>989577
>What do you think of this Daddy? It was a lot of effort for me to get such a hard shaft. Much more that it would have been to get a hard shade from you. I bet yours is so hard daddy. I really want you to show me how you get it so exact daddy. Make it part of something I can sit on and bounce up and down on. I mean a chair leg you naughty boy! Then again I've never seen a chair with five legs.
>>
>>989611
hard to tell on the internet
>>
>>989605

Alright Mathias. We get it, you're upset. Just chill alright. None of that ever happened, I don't think.
>>
>>989674
can't be mathias. that turbo autist admitted to being a huge reddit fag. fucking it explains everything really.

I betcha if you looked hard enough, you'll find him and his wife, on /r/gonewild threads.

>Captcha EGGS
>>
File: 1398740886127.gif (2 MB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1398740886127.gif
2 MB, 265x308
>>989605
>you'd find he'd already mailed you a letter with a 10$ gift card to Canadian Tire; "Sorry about your ass, buddy. Go buy some lube for it."
>>
He's not only german, but swabian by origin. That's just how they are. Extremely thrifty and diligent but also very inventive.
Also he is an engineer.
>>
>>990007
Engineer.

>electrical
>mechanical
>>
File: Matthias.png (623 KB, 511x658) Image search: [Google]
Matthias.png
623 KB, 511x658
>>987234
see
>>>/wsg/1076052

Dont make him mad OP, he will delete your thread
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.