[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is a very basic questions, but I've been looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I know this is a very basic questions, but I've been looking at differences sources and found conflicting info.

I need to glue a rubber duck like pic related on top of a hard plastic helmet. I'm a raft guide so the bound as to be very strong, waterproof and resistant to temperature changes. I have epoxy at home but I'm not sure if it will work with rubber. Any tips or advice please?
>>
bond** sorry
>>
Sugru.?
>>
Superglue
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Barge-DA081-Cement/dp/B002JL2ZHE
>>
They make locktight for rubber and plastics
>>
>>986389
it should work fine, otherwise jb weld

used it to patch a hole in a metal sink trap, it's still holding today

you may want to rough up the surface before gluing
>>
>>986389
>I need to glue a rubber duck like pic related on top of a hard plastic helmet.
Get TWO of the ducks you want to use, so you can test attachment methods on one of them.... I know I know, it's expensive and gruesome. But it must be done for science. Think of the millions of rubber ducks lives who might be improved by your success.

~~~~~~

Anyway,,,,, I would expect that they are made of thermoplastic, and you could cut a slice into them and place a anchor inside.... but then again,,, how would you attach that to the helmet? You don't want any kind of bolts sticking inward towards your head at all.

Mebbe just cut two low horizontal slits in the duck's sides, and run a small piece of strapping through them and then attach that to the helmet somehow.
I would suggest using the plain velcro strapping, since it is weak enough to break or pull off if you snag the strap on anything.
>>
>>986389
Gorilla glue. Will glue just about anything.
>>
>>986389
>I need to glue a rubber duck like pic related on top of a hard plastic helmet
Whatever method you choose, I NEED to see this on somebody's head after it's done. Thanks.
>>
File: 3 molly bolt.jpg (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3 molly bolt.jpg
5 KB, 300x300
>>986389
Use two molly bolts to mechanically connect the duck to the helmet. Coat the bottom of the duck with clear silicone caulk before tightening the bolts, and smooth the excess along the border as you would on a sink or something. The rubber and helmet are so different mechanically that I doubt that a purely adhesive bond will last long. Anything flexible enough to not peel would probably be too weak to sustain much abuse.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.