[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subdermal Magnet Implant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11
File: 4L_4wqIJtPz.jpg (84 KB, 1078x808) Image search: [Google]
4L_4wqIJtPz.jpg
84 KB, 1078x808
I'm considering getting a magnet implant in my finger (either ring or pinky finger) however I'm not sure if a) it's worth it price wise and b) if I'd actually get much benefit from it. Pic kinda related, also general biotech thread.
>>
>>984806
good luck using a mobile
>>
>>984809
The magnets are weak enough that the one wouldn't effect my phone/computer building/bass playing nor would it wipe a credit card however I would be able to have small pieces of metal i.e. A bottle cap or paper clip stick to me
>>
>>984811
so you would be the shittest x-men ever?
>>
>>984811
soooo
you want to have a piece of metal under your skin to do some magic tricks?
>>
>price wise
ppl Pay for this.. how much?
>>
>>984811
Anonymous, master of magnetism!
>>
>>984812
Well... yeah kinda. But even being a shitty x-man still makes me an x-man.
>>
>>984818
Well if you do it yourself it's possible for like $60 for a whole kit but if you pay someone else to it's more but I don't know how much more.
>>
>>984822
an x-men is born!
>>
>>984813
>>984819
It allows you to sense/feel magnetic fields and electric currents as well as magnetically effect metal. Theoretically you could program your phone to react to it since most smartphones have magnet sensors.
>>
>>984811
It would totally mess with the pickups on your bass, assuming you used that hand
>>
>>984835
I would be getting it in the hand that I fret with, partially because of that but also because I'm right handed and while it heals I wouldn't want to be hindered from normal activities.
>>
enjoy your infection
>>
>>984843
Taken care of properly infection isn't a concern
>>
Been thinking about the same, just on the top of the hand. I`m supporting and joining the x-men, screw those "normal" people!
>>
>>984880
My only problem is my family when I mentioned it were either "that's stupid" or their reasons for disapproving were stupid
>>
>>984831

Ok, so what would be the benefit of that?

Oh, I must be by a magnetic field.... I know that... pretty cool right? right?
>>
>>984916

Sounds like you're the stupid one in your family.

I think this is stupid and pointless. You're an idiot.
>>
>>984925
Electrical current produces a magnetic field so if you're working with wires you could tell if one is live or if working with capacitors (which are in a lot of electronics) you should be able to tell if it's been discharged or if you're about to shock yourself into oblivion
>>
>>984926
Feel free to think that, however me and that other guy in the thread who wanted to do it will think otherwise
>>
>>984812
You can tell which way is North too
>>
>>984930
Wait really? I mean I wouldn't need to know that much but it would totally be cool if that's true
>>
>>984838
you realize the strings would stick to your finger then, right? i'm assuming bass strings are similar to guitar strings, which are definitely magnetic.
>>
I'm thinking about getting one as I'm a marine electrician. Apparently you can tell if wires are live with them.
>>
>>984932
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x2cNmtO3YXw
Here's a video on it
>>
>>984941
Only if they're carrying AC, which you're unlikely to find on a vehicle.
>>
File: mags.png (102 KB, 148x299) Image search: [Google]
mags.png
102 KB, 148x299
>>984811

>strong enough that metal objects will stick
>won't effect your ability to play an instrument with metal strings
>>
As much as I'd love to do this since I'm a welder I feel like so much could go wrong.
>>
>>984936
>>984968
I was saying that it wouldn't mess with the pickups, and the strings would definitely stick but I'd learn to adapt I'm sure
>>
>>984979
How exactly would this benefit welding out of curiosity?
>>
>>984928

Electrician here. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You're trying to justify something stupid by saying something stupid to make the whole idea seem intelligent.

You fucking idiot.

First of all if you're "working with wires" in electronic circuits with capacitors a fucking magnet close enough to the wires to interact with an em field will also generate emf in conductors as you move. And if you're working live (as you said you may be) the magnet will only fuck up the circuits and readings by changing the voltages when the em field induces emf in the conductors as you move your hand.

So STFU you fucking moron.
>>
>>984941

You're an idiot. I say that as a red seal electrician in Canada. That's a stupid idea.

>>984979
Ya but you're a welder so nobody expects you to make smart decisions.
>>
What's the point of this?

>feel electric magnetic fields

Just get one of these.
>>
>>984928
Or you can take checks with proper tools. A probe will safely be able to tell you if a wire is "hot" without all the nonsense of having surgery and having to get really close to the wire with your fucking skin. The benefit is nonexistent.

You could also probably get the same "sense" by supergluing a magnet to your skin and feel when it tugs. Do it with the tip of your dick and some hot glue for optimal sensing abilities, since you have lots of pressure-sensing nerves there.
>>
>>984806
Since this thread is a straight copy of the one you posted on /sci/, please take the correct posted answer from the /sci/ thread.

>>>/sci/8032778
>>
>>984995
>>984996
>>984999
>>985001
That was only an example I don't often mess with live wires and capacitors only when I make camera traders which I haven't made in years. The negatives of having the magnet are slim to none and it's also not something I'm set on it's something I'm curious about if I find out that there are negatives I missed that would be detrimental to me or my current list of interests and work then I'll maintain my lack of magnets until then I'll have my curious and intrigue.
>>
>>985009
>The negatives of having the magnet are slim to none

What are the positives, I haven't seen one yet, am I missing something?
>>
>>984996

>Ya but you're a welder so nobody expects you to make smart decisions.

Time of death.
>>
>>985009

No, no it wasn't. It's not an example of the benefits of sub dermal magnets. It's complete nonsense pulled out of the air.

But it's your life. Be as stupid as you want to be.
>>
>>985010
>What are the positives
you can get detained and have TSA fondle you in your naughty parts
>>
>>985010
For my use atleast it'd be primarily recreational although I'm sure I'd use it at work for holding some screws or whatever, I personally would enjoy being able to say "oh look there's a power line right in this area behind the wall" or "I'm betting there's a generator (or whatever) nearby" or "I sense the earring is under this bowl now give me that $5". Now I get that none of this stuff would be super life changing but I think in the end it'd be fun. Some people do drugs, some people post on 4chan about a Subdermal magnet, we all get our kicks somehow.
>>
>>985042
A tsa handjob is better than no job
>>
>>984996
(off-topic)
>red seal electrician in Canada
I don't know if you're still here, but I'm Canadian looking into taking a trade. After I finish my apprenticeship can I be a journeyman forever? Also will I get nasty looks if I refuse to teach apprentices?
>>
File: content_aliens-077.jpg (496 KB, 575x767) Image search: [Google]
content_aliens-077.jpg
496 KB, 575x767
>>984806
you'll need to carry a medical ID bracelet then. seems kinda stupid. if you ever find yourself in a medical situation where you need an MRI it'll burst out of your body like an alien.
>>
>>985073
From everything I've read MRIs aren't a problem
>>
>>985043

If sophisticated tools don't make it that easy a fucking magnet in your wrist sure as hell won't. You act like this is going to turn you into some sort of voltage finding super hero. Idiot.

>>985048
I'm back. Yes, Journeyman forever. Training apprentices is part of the industry so yes you will likely get shit for not being willing. They teach you about it in school. They hammer into you that it IS your responsibility to mentor apprentices.
>>
>>985078

Well then you don't understand magnets at all chumpo. At one pole it will pull like crazy, much more than a ferrous metal and at the other pole it will push just as hard.

I don't know what you've read but once again I would like to remind you that you're an idiot.
>>
>>985078

googled "subdermal magnet and mri"

First fucking result.

http://gizmodo.com/5895555/i-have-a-magnet-implant-in-my-finger

"The only real negative aspect to having this implant is the inability to get an MRI (if needed) without first having the implant removed. "

I'm beginning to think you're trolling us with this idiot act... or fuck me could you actually be this dumb?

It boggles the mind.
>>
>>985078
some piercings and subdermals arn't ferromagnetic. that's probably what you read.
A FUCKING MAGNET WILL DEFINITELY BE FERROMAGNETIC
>>
I keep tellin these folks, you can't get slag powers by swallowing Eridium!
>>
Ive been interested in this company for a while, considered getting one of their rfid chips.

https://dangerousthings.com/gear/

they recently started selling magnet implants with a bio-compatible titanium coating.

its funny how scared people of the spooky scary satan technology that is basically just a small radio flash-drive with your passwords in it.

Ive considered getting one and using it to lock my PCs and phone, but giant injection syringe turns me off of it.

wouldnt mind a magnet either, but again i cant imagine that would be fun to implant either.
>>
>>985001
>>984812
this thread is way more funnier than it has any right to be
>>
>>984812
>>984819
He could change his name to Shitty Magneto. Might be worth it.
>>
>>985078
just like dulling senses and infection aren't problems lol
>>
File: 1984_poster.jpg (1 MB, 801x1230) Image search: [Google]
1984_poster.jpg
1 MB, 801x1230
>>985099
You're right fellow not an NSA agent. I'm getting myself chipped this afternoon. Oh boy oh boy look at all these passwords that i can store on my brand spanking new sub-dermal mandatory implant that i cant take out. WOW i feel so safe now, what could go wrong now that I carry my password on a magnetically readable chip on my hand. Surely noone can scan it or else the would have done it with credit cards by now. Yup my data sure is secured with this super dooper password on my brand new Windows 10TM with all that telemetry they have to make sure my data is super safe.

Just accept it...
>>
>>984986
Or you could move up from bass to real guitar
>>
>>984806

This would be great for disassembling small mechanical gadgets. Good place to stick the screws so you don't lose them on the workbench.
>>
>>985228
You could easily take a few empty cans and use those, plus keep them sorted by size or component so you don't forget what they go to. Who doesn't have empty vegetable cans? It's really not all that handy when there are better options for everything except the stupid tricks OP wants to be able to do. Nothing about this thread is /diy/.
>>
>>984929
Yeah bro, you should totally do it. It'll enhance your zippo tricks and pen spinning. Girls will totally throw their lady parts at you now.
>>
>>985228

No need for implant. these are abundantly available.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MagnoGrip-Magnetic-Wristband-Set-2-Pack-570-980/100672676
>>
>>984806
You can stick metal shit to your self
>>
Why not wait 5-10 years for when the cool shit comes out? I wouldn't pay money to get cut open and have a low powered magnet put inside me.

I feel like it would be clumsy and pointless. Always sticking to things I dont intend it to.

What is the appeal of having a fucking magnet put inside of you? This is autism inbits purest form.
>>
>>985303
The fun is sensing electrical currents and magnetic fields (you can feel the music from your headphones with the magnet) as well as intentional sticking metal to you like screws and bottle caps and crap like that, and while there's other advantages I'm typing on my phone using a mouse because my touchscreen broke
>>
CODYSLAB, IS THAT YOU?!

http://youtu.be/tVVTSXA0HTU

I'm a huge fan!! Now make a video about making Pioneer soap already!!!

Also, this video is the culmination of the first link.

http://youtu.be/Y1O1aG-WG4w
>>
File: 1360528561891b.jpg (28 KB, 366x333) Image search: [Google]
1360528561891b.jpg
28 KB, 366x333
>>985043
I often wonder how come no one has invented a cross-forums irl-face-slap yet as a Firefox addon for situations just like this. The guy would become rich and famous in minutes.

OP, just admit that you're a fucking attention whore that would do literally anything to appear unique and interesting, if even for a moment, even if only to themselves. Just slit your wrists across and call an ambulance, you'll have more interesting body modification to discuss with impressionable hipsters over a frappuchino.
>>
>>985316
How does feeling a field help you in any way? How does sticking things to yoh matter in any way?

Maybe I'm getting old. I don't see the appeal in any of those things.
>>
>>985356
Feeling a field -- keeps you from electrocuting yourself and is a good way to tell if motors or AC lines have power when you cannot tell otherwise

Sticking stuff - never lose a tiny-ass screw while taking something apart ever again. distinguish aluminum from ferrous metals. Wipe friends' credit cards (this takes a while with something that small, you'll need to swipe at least a dozen times perpendicular to the strip)
>>
>>985364
Those can be accomplished with common sense with generally better results.
>>
>>984928
Know how I know you're talking out of your arse?
>disconnected wire
>it's live, but since it's not connected there is no current
>can't sense it, so touch live wire
>you are now the link that connects the wire to earth
>current flows, get shocked
You're an idiot. If you want to sense current, use a volt finder wand; if you actually want to work safely, use test lamps or a meter.
>>
>>985043
>I sense the earring is under this bowl now give me that $5.

You do realize how few metals are actually magnetic? This is completely absurd.
>>
>>984806
yeah, have fun never being able to touch sensitive elcotronics wtihout ruining them ever again
>>
>>985388
anon doesn't understand how electronics of magnets work

i hope there's no hard drive in your PC or speakers plugged into it anon, or dear me that shit will be "ruined" in no time!
>>
>>985398
what are shielded magnets
>>
>>984967

The boats I work on are huge with 5+ inverters, multiple transformers, etc.

>>984996
>You're an idiot. I say that as a red seal electrician in Canada. That's a stupid idea.

I was somewhat joking, that's the reason I would use to attempt to justify it to people.

I just think it would be really fucking neat to have another sense, really curious what it would feel like.
>>
>>985082
>>985083
>>985088

>lol ur dumb!

There are people who have had these implants and got an MRI afterwards, everything went fine.

It depends on the size and strength of the magnet that was implanted and the strength of the MRI.
>>
>>985379

For calling everyone idiots, you sure don't seem to understand anything about AC.
>>
>>985364

Electrician here. This will not keep you from getting electrocuted. For instance, a vehicle electrical system runs on 12 volts. That's not going to put up a significant field even if you short the battery and expose yourself to 600 amps. You're so wrong about what you think this will do for you.

Many stainless steels have about the same magnetic attraction as aluminum. If you can't tell by looking at it, you're uneducated about metals.

How about wiping your own electronic cards accidentally? You haven't even considered this possibility as something to go in the cons column.

>>985427

You want to work on inverters and transformers with a magnet under your skin? Are you too stupid to understand what a dangerous idea that is?

>>985432

Oh sure, and my cousin goes golfing with a guy who's neighbor cured cancer with green tea.

Fuck you and your stupid claims. You want me to believe something like that, it's on you to prove it.

>>985436
So you're saying subdermal magnets will allow you to sense low voltage in ac circuits as OP and friends are imagining? I don't think so.
>>
>>985478
>12v
>electrocuted

These things are for sensing high-power AC, you know, the kind that kills you.

You can fucking lick a car battery or put the terminals across your slashed wrists and it will never deliver 600 amps.

And, read above, if you wanted to accidentally wipe your own card you'd have to very intentionally swipe across it multiple times in between swiping it.

And if you think you can tell WHAT A METAL IS BY LOOKING AT IT, please get the fuck out of /sci/

it's clear you're an electrician and not an electrical engineer anyway so this really ain't your thread bud
>>
>>985478
pls /out/
>>
>>985158

#ShotsFired
>>
>>985486
I can tell you the difference between aluminium, galvanized steel, different grades of steel, stainless steel, and a shitton of other kinds of metals and steel types by looking at them.
Skrub.
>>
>>985497
yeah, and you could also could polish/finish/surface any of those materials to look and feel like any of the others beyond a human's ability to distinguish.

This would not, however, fool a magnet.
>>
>>985500
No.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (316 KB, 2816x1880) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
316 KB, 2816x1880
>>985501
ok anon,

what metal is this?
>>
>>985509
Looks like wood.
>>
>>985509

Reverse image lookup much?
>>
>>985516
More like looking at the drill holes, the textures on the side of the beam, and how all that rust is clearly spraypainted highlights.
Can't forget the glue marks either, but it's not a bad fake.
>>
>>985519
but actually just
>>985516

can't trust anyone to be honest on the internet these days
>>
>>985500
oh and let's not forget metals with any thin layer of paint/enamel/etc which completely obscure the surface

magnets work through paint, eyes don't
>>
>>985516
different anon, It looks painfully weird to me aswell.
I reverse searched it for the hell of it because I suspected it was fake based on the weird texture, fake looking rust, and the fact that it is positioned sideways to the wall.
>>
>>985522
Magnets only work with ferrous metals ie not stainless steel and aluminum.
>>
>>985525
>stainless steel
>steel
what is steel made from again?
>>
>>985522
OK is this bronze titanium magnesium copper stainless or aluminum. oh well magnet says any of the above too bad I'm blind
>>
>>985528
iron and .01% carbon. stainless can be iron nickel cobalt or a ton of other non ferrous metals
>>
>>985530
>iron and .01% carbon.
>ferrous is an adjective used to indicate the presence of iron
>Magnets only work with ferrous metals
Im seeing a problem here
>>
>>985530
what?

stainless steel is steel plus 1%
steel is iron plus 0.1%

unless explicitly designed or heat-treated to be magnetically inert, stainless is just as good a magnetic shield or yoke as plain iron.
>>
>>985486

Actually, dumbass, moisture drastically reduces a person's resistance. Ohm yourself hand to hand and then do it again with wet skin. Depending on the liquid and the saturation it'll drop your resistance by like a FACTOR of 4. So ya, if you slashed your wrists and shorted the battery with your body you'd get a deadly amount of current passing through you.

And yes, I can tell if it's aluminum by looking at it. You could too if you had half the experience a mouth like yours requires.

"high-power AC" eh? Ya, you're not an electrical anything you fucking fake.

I can actually get credit towards an electrical engineering degree with my ticket and experience.

And "these things are for sensing...bla bla bla" is a croc of shit. These things are for making dumbfucks feel like superheroes when they can magically lift paperclips and other useless shit with their finger tips.

>>985500
Not true, dumbfuck. Different grades of stainless can't take the same finish, let alone be made to look like galvanized. Fuck man, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

>>985522
Some grades of stainless are magnetic, some aren't. All you could tell for sure is that the material under the paint is ferromagnetic or not. You'd have no actual idea which metal it is.

>>985528
You seriously don't know that a shitload of stainless grades aren't magnetic? What the fuck are you even doing here?

>>985535
Stainless steel is steel with Chromium added to it. The carbon content can be next to nothing all the way up to way more than you're going to find in plain carbon steel. But it's the chromium that makes it stainless, not the carbon content. And heat treat doesn't determine magnetism. It's determined by the composition of the alloy. You don't know fucking anything.

There are a lot of dumbfucks in this thread.
>>
MAGNETIC TATTOOS
>>
File: ipod-nano-wrist.jpg (62 KB, 593x334) Image search: [Google]
ipod-nano-wrist.jpg
62 KB, 593x334
HIGHLY RELATED
>>
Calm down, HVAC Guy/Mr. X/That other dude.
>>
>>985580
i cant imagine being hit there would feel good
>>
>>985580
>HIGHLY RETARDED*
>>
>>985528
Stainless is not magnetic dumbass.
>>
>>985580
Oh wow, I'm sure this dumbass wont regret this once the next stupid tech fad comes along
>>
>>984995
>electronic circuits with capacitors a fucking magnet close enough to the wires t

Kek, you have no clue what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>985599
>>985525

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+stainless+steel+magnetic+
>>
>spend thousands getting magnet put in hand
>hand gets stuck to anything and everything
>ruin credit cards and electronics
>but wait
>YUP THATS METAL, I CAN TELL BECAUSE IM MAGNETO HUEHUEHUE
>>
>>985601

Turns out he got magnets on his face for his Google Glass.
>>
>>985601
its a watch
>>
>>985478
>You want to work on inverters and transformers with a magnet under your skin? Are you too stupid to understand what a dangerous idea that is?

There is zero danger. And I don't "want to", I do.

>>985478
>Oh sure, and my cousin goes golfing with a guy who's neighbor cured cancer with green tea.

I'm not even bullshitting. If you really wants links, just say so. In other threads people just dismiss it as fake and gay, no matter how many people who have done this claim otherwise.

>>985478

They will not sense low voltage, depending on what you personally consider low voltage to be,

Personally, low voltage is anything below single phase 120. And since it is oscillating at 60hz in my part of the world, regardless of load, you would be able to feel it.
>>
>>985609

>its a watch

He understood that, not sure what you're trying to clarify.
>>
>>985606
>thousands
more like $50

and theyre not strong enough to ruin your cards or electronics, in fact your phone probably has stronger magnets in it already
>>
>>985611
watches arent exactly a fad
>>
>>985575
>"high-power AC" eh? Ya, you're not an electrical anything you fucking fake.

Implying high power AC isn't a thing

>And "these things are for sensing...bla bla bla" is a croc of shit.

Implying anything that works with 120v ac will work with three phase? you fool.

>Some grades of stainless are magnetic,

At least you know this.
>>
>>985613
I'm sorry, the Apple iWatch isn't a fad that will be replaced?
>>
>>985606

Damn you're mentally retarded, aren't you?

Don't worry, some day you will figure out the square peg fits in the square hole.
>>
>>985616
at the end of the day, its still a watch
>>
>>985621
>at the end of the day its still a watch

If that's the moronic line of thinking you assume he had he could just as well use some cheap digital watch.

If you honestly think the tool in the photo is just going to keep the same smart watch forever, you're delusional.

Anyways, time for bed. Cya kiddo.
>>
File: iPod-Nano-6th-Generation.jpg (44 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
iPod-Nano-6th-Generation.jpg
44 KB, 456x600
>>985623
Its not even an iWatch, its an iPod nano
>>
>>985624

You're the only one who actually/initially referred to it as a watch.
>>
>>985628
because theyre using it as a watch
>>
>>985629
>uses iphod nano and magnets as watch

Absolutely retarded.

Must be great with headphones.
>>
>>985629

You said "it's a watch" implicating it has the same staying power as an actual watch.

Using this instead of an actual watch would be a goddamn chore in comparison.
>>
>>985613
smart watches are definitely a fad.
>>
>>985156
>can't take out
?
>>
File: lunatik-feature.png (148 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
lunatik-feature.png
148 KB, 560x374
>>985633
theyre not exactly the first one to use it as a watch

but theirs is the easiest to remove and clip onto your shirt when listening to music.
>>
>>985638
i wouldn't say they're exactly a fad, just everyone overestimates what they're for.

They're fitness gear, like a highly advanced pedometer with more features.
>>
>>985640
Yeah, I'm sure it's worth being a fucking retard with magnets in your arm just so you don't have to use a clip on your ipod.
>>
>>985610
>zero danger

You don't understand electromagnetism.

>I'm not even bullshitting. If you really wants links, just say so.

I already told you to prove it of fuck off. But lemme guess, you haven't tried this yourself but you really believe this internet testimonial.....

You're a mark.

>They will not sense low voltage, depending on what you personally consider low voltage to be

Right, the sensory threshold of the sub dermal implant is based on what you "personally consider" low voltage to be. Oh sure, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>985602

Actually I do. Electronic devices use capacitors commonly in all kinds of circuits.

Building/infrastructure only uses capacitors for power factor correction or as part of filtering a rectifier (usually to supply dc to some unusual device that needs it).

What I was responding to was a description about circuits with capacitors and not knowing which wire is live. This is much more common in electronic device circuits.

So fuck you.
>>
>>985614
An electrician or electrical engineer wouldn't call it "high power ac". Your diction gives you away as an a keyboard warrior.

I have no idea what you're on about with the 3 phase comment. I think you've misunderstood me. I don't believe subdermal magnets would work as op believes with 1 phase or 3 phase and I don't see what fucking point you're trying to make.
>>
>>985672
The 'A' leg of three phase has a different aura you can only see when you have a magnet in your finger aligning your chakras. It's been totally useful to me in me real big boy job.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVTSXA0HTU
>>
>>985009

You will constantly be having to wipe bits of metal off your finger. You will probably get a stupid amount of splinters too.
>>
>>985010
The postives are on the other side you have to flip the magnet over bruh :^)
>>
>>985687
>not desinfecting hands, tools, magnet or work surface

that guy is just asking for infection
other than that, pretty nice diy
>>
>>985674

Okie dokie.
>>
>>985535
fucking Google stainless steel and mild compositions you uneducated piece of shit
>>
>>985533
Whoo boy you sure schooled me. In your little headspace separate from reality I bet you even cut me down with a katana made from nonferrous magnets. How about you look up stainless alloys and magnetism? Oh, right you're a retard that wants to be right despite not leaving your basement for aeons.
>>
>>985478
>600 amps
>not going to put up a significant field

You have got to be the worst electrician going.
Magnetic field strength is proportional to the current flowing through a conductor and has absolutely no dependency on voltage.
Consider a superconducting magnet like in an MRI machine; there cannot be a voltage across the conductor as it has zero resistance but thousands of amps flow and look what that generates - a big fucking magnetic field.
>>
>>985913

Then perhaps you'd like to tell me how a non contact voltage detector can detect the hot wire on an open circuit, where no current is flowing? A change in voltage produces a magnetic field in a conductor. That's why non contact voltage testers don't work on DC.

But you're right about the 600 amp field. I had to look it up and you're right, field STRENGTH is proportional to current. I had that wrong.

OP's still an idiot for believing these things will make him safe around live wires.
>>
>>984928
Look mate if you want to feel electric currents use something else like a screw driver or a hacksaw blade, you can still feel it. And anyway smaller currents you wont feel anyway so your wasting your time, use an instrument that is designed to do the job.
>>
>>985486
Usually high power AC lines are specifically made NOT hidden. EEs don't think "Hey, I think I'll put it here! Where people will trip over this live wire carrying the city power supply!"
>>
>>984806
I been considering taking the chip off my paypass card and putting it in my palm. It should always freak out the cashiers.. aso means I don't need my wallet or phone to have money
>>
>>984806
Good luck trying to get through an airport
>>
>>986908
RFID needs an antenna dumbass
>>
>>986931
RFID implants are used in pets all the time.
>>
>>984930
You shouldn't. It's far too weak.
>>
>>985006
I like the ring, but I don't feel comfortable having a magnet hanging above my hard drive.
I've had a bad experience in the past.
>>
>>984824
well i mean, $60 isnt thank much, it could be worth it
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.