[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a cool hiding places thread? The pic is kind of related,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: cord storage.jpg (191 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
cord storage.jpg
191 KB, 960x540
Can we get a cool hiding places thread? The pic is kind of related, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Anne Frank or the Maltese Falcon.
>>
When you say "hiding place" do you mean "from the cops", "from niggers", or "from family or visitors, aka for fun"?
Either one can greatly affect the result.
>>
>>984796
If only there was a way for you to hide your autism
>>
The rectum works pretty well for felons.
>>
File: KxCu758.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
KxCu758.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>984796
All of the above
>>
>>984803
>>984807
Welcome to /diy/
>>
>>984832

>come home drunk
>someone enters the room a couple hours later
>fumble gun because you are half asleep and wasted
>end up shooting your dick off
>tfw it's all ok in the end because the person that entered was your wife's bull coming in to service her
>>
File: hide in asshole.png (49 KB, 1024x463) Image search: [Google]
hide in asshole.png
49 KB, 1024x463
>>984782
>>984807
>>
Get a big safe to put in the middle of your room, then hide things in a dusty shoebox on the top shelf of your closet. Try not to disturb the dust.

They'll be so focused on the safe they will either give up (niggers) ask you for a key (parents) or get a tech to crack it (cops)

You can still hide valuables in the safe, but anything incriminating can be hid somewhere non suspicious. Avoid cliches like under the mattress, under clothes in your dresser, inside air ducts, ect.

The closet box is probably a cliche too, but the point was misdirection.

Anything that can be sniffed for and/or searched on should be buried off property.
>>
>>984849
cops will use shit like thermal imaging to find cold spots in your walls. Basically you should assume that if you're a criminal and cops are searching your home, anything you hide in your home will be found, since they have practically unlimited resources.

Of course, the /g/ solution to practically unlimited resources is to make it impossible for even theoretically unlimited resources to crack it. This is easy to do for computer storage but I wouldn't know how to do it for physical objects.
>>
I've always felt like there have to be a lot of really creative places to hide things, it almost makes me wish I had incriminating things.

I could hide those nuclear secrets from North Korea in the inside of my shower curtain rod. Or the gun I killed Larry in the middle of the insulation above my living room. Or the flash drive with the Coca Cola secret recipe in the control panel of the washing machine.

So many options, it makes me sad to see television criminals hide things in stupid places.
>>
>>984881
I like this anon
>>
bump keep this thread alive I love it!
>>
http://grugq.tumblr.com/post/60463307186/rules-of-clandestine-operation

>Hide materials such as leaflets, weapons etc! But not where you live. Memorise sensitive names, addresses etc. Don’t write them down!
>>
>>984871
That's only for big time criminals, federal level stuff
Local cops with a search warrant, come in look around and leave
Best to live in a rural area or an unincorporated place, less tax revenue means less resources means lesser equipped police
If building or remodeling use a inner and outer layer of Mylar house wrap or rigid Mylar coated insulation, do the ceiling and roof, inside walls too, thermal cameras will show nothing
Use a rototiller to turn over the soil in your yard, buy iron metal shavings and small nails sew the soil and tamp it down, most metal detectors will be worthless
If you can dream up a hiding spot, the cops have seen it before, hide in plain site, hide things off property, a national or state park
Had a buddy who was a felon, kept his pistols in a plastic tub buried under a tree across from our towns police station, walked his dog there every night and always stopped under the tree for a cigarette, nice and routine, nothing unusual
If you have to hide it, you probably shouldn't have it
>>
>>985028
ATF/FBI/BBQ plz go
>>
>>984832
>>984837

>wake up in morning
>stretch arms because its morning
>suddenly shotgun falls on your face
>breaks nose

Skip to 1:58. Do that instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J8xuLRB_u8
>>
>>984832
>getting busy with wife
>her head hits head board
>shotgun falls on her face
>she beats you in face with shotgun
Unless you don't provide enough power for this to happen.
>>
>>984782
Just look up hidden/secret compartments on youtube. YOu will find literally hundreds of videos of different projects/ideas. Some of them even show the entire process step by step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hj_VBFoZfc
>>
>>984782
Bumping this thread, I can't take a photo now because there are people over.
>Drilled a hole in the top of a door
>Plastic container with a washer in the lid
>Put the container into the hole
>Sits flush with the top of the door
>Magnet hidden in the room to pull it out of the door

I just use it to store money, always liked secret boxes, hiding places and cubbies. It's a shame you can't show people what you've made because that defeats the purpose.
>>
>>986677
Great idea
>>
eo elena
>>
File: yz2i[1].jpg (97 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
yz2i[1].jpg
97 KB, 720x1280
Something i made a while back.
http://jokenkosto.blogspot.com/2016/02/take-use-of-wasted-space-hidden-drawer.html
>>
File: 20151015_180426.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151015_180426.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Made this Walnut cane for my daddy in law, secret compartment to hold a joint or meds
>>
File: 20151015_180505.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151015_180505.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>986755
>>
ELA EISAI KEI?
>>
ela nai
>>
ti tha kanume?fugan oloi kai i teri kai o stam kai to tekken
>>
pame volta me bros ston zoologiko psineis?
>>
makrya einai gia kedro elega..gamoto epese to gamato k den borw na dw archer,pes kana allo
>>
ego ta katevazo ta archer. siga to makrua me oximata tha eimaste poso na katsoume?
>>
nai k gw afto tha kanw twra,apo pou to katevazies? oi alloi eipane stis 12 na vre8ume avrio sto spiti
>>
ante psisou mori
>>
apo kat.ph
>>
variemai re
elate spiti se mena an thelete plateia
>>
se poio spiti eisai?vasika ego ipia tin retsina den kratithika opote duskoleuomai na odigiso opote tha pao opou me pane oi bros
>>
re sto spiti sthn plateia elate apo dw sths zwhs
>>
o giorgos mallon exei gavlosei me zoologiko molis vgaloume akri tha se paroume til
>>
telika varietai o kosmos na kounithei
>>
den tha katevete kan kedro? telos padwn avrio pws thas vrw? ti wra tha etheis?
>>
the fuck is going on in here
>>
>>984796
Fuckin racist
>>
its all under control
>>
>>986806
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/
>>
leo na ertho kata ti mia. ama to dei apantise
>>
re an ksipnisw ela kai pio nwris
tha s grapsw edw an einai
grapse k sy
pws k eisai akomi ksipnia?
>>
pes kai ta aderfia
>>
tous eipa. E den imoun gia poluapo oti katalaves. tora na do pos tha koimitho
>>
Solar powered slider which does a continuous 1,000ft circuit around your homestead

Glider has valuables compartment
>>
>>984837
Huh?
>>
>>986755
did you just call your dad daddy? what a fucking piece of shit
>>
>>986755
looks totally secret and not obvious at all
>>
>>986755
That doesn't look secret at all.
>>
eo
>>
>>987193
>did you just call you dad daddy?

Nope, called his in-law his "daddy in law" whatta faggot.
>>
File: jnihbkl.jpg (55 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
jnihbkl.jpg
55 KB, 636x358
>>984782
Not really Anne Frank style, but I'd really like to make one of these. The only issue is that I can't really find any cheap ikea stuff to mess around with to do it
>>
>>988353
>implying Ikea furniture isn't cheap
>>
>>988359
ah, then what would you recommend, friend?
>>
>>988353
Just go to thrift shops. Buy some beat up ones to practice with. Get better at refinishing.
>>
>>985268
Probably shouldn't use any ideas that you can find publicly on the internet.
I'd suggest watching all those youtube videos to find out what's been done before so you don't mistakenly use an idea that's been done before.
>>
>>986806
>its racist to hide things from niggers
found the nigger who likes to steal shit
>>
File: pentabike-01-PINP-thumb.jpg (69 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pentabike-01-PINP-thumb.jpg
69 KB, 500x333
1/2
>>
File: pentabike-05-PINP-thumb.jpg (73 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pentabike-05-PINP-thumb.jpg
73 KB, 500x333
>>988527

2/2
>>
>>984782
I think someone needs to build a self incinerating safe. If it gets tampered with or the wrong code entered a certain amount of times then it burns everything inside perfect for hiding illegal shit like drugs.
>>
>>986803
Tha boroúsa na boroúse na érthei ekeí káto , me gamóto mou " AR - 15 , kai pyrovoloún fuckin sas « palaiá kólo Hoosier , akrivós ekeí, stin Anexartisía , Missoúri ! TORA, CALL kai páli edó , karióli , kai aftó eínai akrivós aftó pou tha gamiméno to kánete, tha cocksucker !! FUCK YOU , karióli !!!
>>
>>988541
Yeah, I'm absolutely sure insurance agencies and fire marshals everywhere would love them.
>>
>>988545
who tells people they have a safe. It could be made in a way that it burns safely.
>>
>>988541
>be drunk
>want to smoke your weed
>5 mins later...
>house on fire
>>
>>988541
>If it gets tampered with or the wrong code entered a certain amount of times then it burns everything inside perfect for hiding illegal shit like drugs.

congrats, your illegal drug stash is now a super-illegal firebomb
>>
>>988541
Would just be an oven with a safe door. The problem isn't really the fire risk, it's that any burger or worse a cop, can see the 9 gage power cord or the gas line to the box. Disconnect it from the energy source and go to town on it.
>>
File: Propane.jpg (68 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
Propane.jpg
68 KB, 318x470
>>988647
>>
>>984796
the answer to all three issues is...

the void around the bathtub
>>
>>988717
they're greek and they were talking about going to the zoo or generally out for the night but they didnt agree in the end. seriously wtf were they doing in 4chan lol.
>>
>>984840
lol
>>
>>987232
What a buncha haters.

The picture was designed to make the drawer obvious. It's actually pretty dark Walnut and especially when it's my lovely daddy in law's wittle handsies, you can't see it.

Homophobes.
>>
>>988894
I'm sure your daddy in law likes spanking your faggot ass with it
>>
>>984871
>Of course, the /g/ solution to practically unlimited resources is to make it impossible for even theoretically unlimited resources to crack it. This is easy to do for computer storage but I wouldn't know how to do it for physical objects.
It's simple, you turn it into a computer storage problem. Put your stuff in some random location not associated with you that's not likely to be dug up/cleared out/destroyed in your lifetime and keep the only record of where it is on a super-duper-encrypted drive.
>>
>>986755
But let's be fair, that's a great gift. Good job.
>>
File: 203983.jpg (986 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
203983.jpg
986 KB, 1920x792
>>986677
>>
>>988541
>have "sensitive data" on hard drives
>want to build a nas in what is basically a safe with tamper sensors
>when tamper sensors are tripped there is some method of destroying the data with electomagnets or some shit

would be plugged in but on power loss would be one of the tampering cues. data destruction handled by battery. obviously autism level shit but i've always had this in my mind since i saw that movie the core when i was like 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePBNGmxVK8
>>
>>989655
Easier to just have a keyfile on a microSD, then destroy that instead.
>>
File: Bookcase2.jpg (153 KB, 963x807) Image search: [Google]
Bookcase2.jpg
153 KB, 963x807
Several years back my friends and I rented a house and the furnace room and workshop were hidden behind a bookcase door much like this one.
>>
>>984832
>armed robber enters room
>you are in bed
>however, tonight you happen to be sleeping on the left side of the bed
>fuck
>>
>>988616
Are you guys not very clever? Most safes are fireproof. You could easily create a safe that incinerated its contents that is well insulated enough to not heat the surrounding room.
>>
Any ideas for a discrete sealed box about 14" on all sides? Hopefully to hide it as a piece of furniture, but all filing cabinets I can find are really expensive.
>>
>>988647
No, the real problem is that you would need O2 to burn shit and that would require a hole to the outside
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 191x264
>>984840
Holy shit
>>
>>984881
Underrated
>>
>>989973
>not having two emergency guns
>>
>>988647
>>989998
Wrong and wrong. Battery inside the safe triggers an electric igniter that sets off a layer of thermite stuck to the top of the safe. That would burn everything in the safe even if it's under vacuum or inert gas.
>>
>>989994
Get an actual ottoman or footstool secondhand, and install a discreet door in the underside.
>>
>>989565
Australian currency. He shoulda used $100 notes instead.
>>
>>990036
If the safe is highly thermally conductive you get bonus points for burning the fuck out of anyone that tries to break into your safe.
>>
>>990036
guise, think nuclear
>>
>>984832
>>988527
>>989565
This is more like it.
>>
>>988556
>safe fails, or you installed incorrectly and starts a fire
Have fun not having your insurance cover any costs, or possibly even being charged with negligence or insurance fraud.

You wouldn't even have to have the safe start the fire, of they find it while inspecting the house after an accident it might nullify your policy.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.