[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy I found a bag that says 96% sulfur powder in my garage.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Sulphur.jpg (44 KB, 536x512) Image search: [Google]
Sulphur.jpg
44 KB, 536x512
Hey /diy I found a bag that says 96% sulfur powder in my garage. I have no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?
>>
File: whattheweener.png (78 KB, 312x326) Image search: [Google]
whattheweener.png
78 KB, 312x326
>>977406
Put it down your vents, be careful it's very flammable
>>
>>977406

make gunpowder. You now need potassium nitrate (saltpeter) and charcoal.

I think it is used to kill insects on plants. I don't recall it being toxic or flammable by itself.
>>
>>977406

give it to plants that have yellowing leaves
>>
>>977434
came here to say this.

you can also built a trebuchet and throw flaming sulfur at your neighbors now.
>>
File: 1456256840344.jpg (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456256840344.jpg
135 KB, 600x600
>>
>>977406
go to church and sprinkle it in the candles
>>
>>977406
Keep it in your chemical collection for when you need sulfur (gunpowder, thermite, rubber, glow in the dark powder, etc).

Or just use it on plants, I think it makes the soil more acidic.
>>
>>977473
Why do you post the blank, you are meant to wait until you have a bingo

Fucking millennials, it's all COD and BF4. None of you fuckers play bingo anymore like real men
>>
One use is snake repellent. For example I use it around my chicken coop.
>>
>>977484
This has my vote. Make sure you fall over, roll around and yell some gibberish. Really sell it.
>>
>>977406
snack
>>
>>977434
Piss on some hay daily for a year and cover. extract nitrates from your slurrie.
>>
>>977504
real men never played bingo you fucking boomer.
Shuffle board is a real mans sport!
>>
>>978154
You plebs will never experience the heart-pounding tension of a close Yahtzee game.
>>
>>978196
Krogg just play rock throw
You are all chimpanzees
>>
>>978196
>Yahtzee game.
more boomers..
>>
Make some zinc-sulfur rocket propellant.
>Dat fireball
>Dat thick, dirty smoke trail
>>
>>978683
>Yahtzee

say what ya want, but Yahtzee is a helluva good gambling game, especially if you play with the same partner over a long period of time (cell mate, wife.. i guess those are interchangeable)

Checkers: too formulaic, like tic-tac-toe. Predictable.

Chess/Trivia/Twister: too easy for one player pull way ahead in skills and take the betting fun out of it

Cards: except for spades/hearts, not much fun with two people and other fun games are too reliant on the cards you're dealt.
>>
>>979313
>needing random chance to win at gambling instead of profiting off of real skills
>>
>>977406
Sprinkle it around your house in a thick line to keep sneks out

Or make gun powder and blow your hand off
>>
>>977473
Is there one of these for /k/?
>>
>>977484
>>977818
LIKE FIRE, HELLFIRE, THIS BURNING IN MY SKIN
>>
It makes a great acidification if your dirt is alkline.
It is an antibiotic.
An anti infective.
>>
>>977406
>I found a bag that says 96% sulfur powder in my garage.
>I have no idea what to do with it.
When in doubt, do nothing.
>>
Make gun powder or Sulphuric acid.
>>
First off, check if the bag actually contains sulfur.
If the thing inside the bag is of a pale yellow color, it could be sulfur.
If it's a fine powder that smells very bitter, it's probably sulfur.
If it's a collection of chunks that smell salty, it's probably sulfur too.
Take a portion of the yellow matter and burn it, bubbling the combustion gases through distilled water. If the water becomes acidic, it's likely that you got sulfur dioxide, which would indicate that what you burned was actually sulfur.
>>
>>977406
Make your own model rocket engines.
Fuck Estes, those jew fucks. No need for their engines to be priced they way they are.
>>
>>977434
You can make potassium nitrate out of urine too. A fun little project.
>>
Yellow sulfur is mined for use in sugar refining
>>
>>980829
what can I do with potassium nitrate
>>
>>980840
Get on a watchlist
>>
Chemistry Expert here!

Go to walmarts gardening section, and search for "Spectracide Stump remover"

The product contains only Potassium Nitrate a.k.a KNO3.

>At home

pour 60g of the potassium nitrate to a suitable container.

Then add 40g of sugars to the compound and mix it frequently after mixing by hand like shaking the container with a lid on or just mixing it with a spoon, you have created a Smoke Flare and a Rocket Fuel mixture.

Now you can turn that to a bomb mixture by adding some powdered Al (Aluminum), Charcoal (Carbon/C) and a bit of the Sulfur (S)

Mix frequently add 2 drops of water, wait 3 hours make sure lid is on.

Take the mixture and wollah you created your own bomb that you can blow off anywhere you want
>>
>>977493
>your chemical collection
is it possible for the average person to gather and create a complete collection of chemicals?
Could then be used to make cool drugs like synthetic cocaine or opiates?
>>
>>980980
>synthetic cocaine or opiates
Put down the bong Mr. Chong.
>>
>>980971
Nice try FBI
>>
>>981022
Doesn't answer the question
>>
>>981180
I'm 3rd year PhD chemistry student. Even with everything that I could find in my laboratory and experience with chemical synthesis it would be still a very hard task to do. Without laboratory, knowledge and experience you are more likely to kill yourself than to synthesize species you've mentioned.
>>
>>980971
Time to buy me some Spectracide Stump Remover (TM)!! :D
>>
>>980971
DIY arm removal
>>
>>977473
whats wrong with Arduino? :(
>>
>>977493
>sulfur
>thermite
???
Thermite is just aluminum powder and iron oxide
>>
>>981274
Just butthurt anons that think it's pleb tier beginner shit that takes minimal skill and isn't the "correct" way to do or learn things.
>>
>>981778
Real men make everything out of DIY transistors.
If you're not doping your own silicon you're a fucking pansy.
>>
>>980829
it's a project.

how fun it is is debatable.
>>
>>980980
What was that fellas name, schoolboy, who tried to collect a sample of every element on the periodic table?
Don Hahn or sumshit?
I think he ended up making a nuclear reactor in his backyard and got party v& by the FBI
>>
>>981569
A different kind of thermite exists; it uses silicon dioxide, aluminium and sulfur.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.