[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these vacs so expensive? The stats say that they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 625x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 625x407
Why are these vacs so expensive? The stats say that they don't even move as much air as a $80 Ridgid.
>>
Bought a bunch of these at work. Less air flow but they filter well and have hepa. Not that it makes a pinch when they dont suck enough. Wasnt my call, id go hvlp anyday.
>>
I'm going to go on a total assumption and suggest that licensed and insured lead paint removal services requires vacuums with HEPA filtration.
>>
File: 1447719519692.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1447719519692.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>972856
Because it's a festool. They are the literal definition of buying a name instead of what is better.

Watch AvE's hilarious festool saw tear down. It's harbor freight tier shit.
>>
>>972940
This.
Handling a festool after the hype is laughable.
>>
>>972955
It's really funny because that are a dollar general tool wrapped in nice colors
>>
> not buying a nilifisk
Its like you dont want to even Be able to clean nuclear decay material
>>
>>973006
>>972955
>>972940
Fucking AvE bandwaggoning faggots.

There's a reason why finish carpenters love this stuff. They are top notch in performance, but more than that, all Festool shit is designed to work with each other. That vacuum has a special connector that lets it turn on when the tool turns on. You don't have to have a tangled mess of power cords and vacuum hoses running everywhere, you have the hose/power line in one line. You can switch out the sander for the circular saw in seconds, while having the best dust collection available. The boxes for the tools stack on top of the vacuum and lock in place. It's about convenience.
>>
>>973012
>hurr durr you gotta buy all the jew-brand stuff to make the most of it

There's literally no justification to buying festool shit over any other brand, it's like buying a BMW or Range Rover just to pick up groceries and drop the kids off at lacrosse practice.

Just get the brand that has the color scheme you like, since they're all owned by the same company.
>>
>>973012
These are the retards wasting their money friends. Look at him, look at him and laugh.
>>
They're efficient at what they do but it's much more cost effective and efficient to use a normal shop vac and something like a Oneida dust cyclone.

And again. They're only any use in environments where you must use dust collection or in a workshop where everything you use is attached to dust collection.

If you're on site they're pointless because I would bet no one else would be so bothered so you're still breathing in shit.
>>
>>973012
I've worked on site for almost 10 years and I've only ever seen a handful of festool amongst 2nd fix joiners. The majority I see is trend, Bosch, paslode and makita.

There was a joiner on a job I worked on last year who had everything festool. The works. And he literally said the only reason he has it is because his company paid for it.
>>
>>973012
What this anon really means is:
Festool Vacuums are only worth it if you already bought into the other insanely over hyped tools like a faggot who's never done any real /diy/.
>>
>>973141
His company is literally retarded for festooling him out, dewalt, Milwaukee, makita, bosh blue, etc etc or whatever the fuck is all the same if not better at a lower price point and looks much less like Swedish cuck shed building equipment.

I'm sure like every company they have out of the park good shit that they do well specifically but a lot of their stuff makes me cringe especially after seeing several take downs of the tools by different people comparing them.

If they offered a full lifetime warranty and repair service for original owners and kept their end of the bargain it would maybe be worth it but.....ehhh.
>>
>>972856
Because MUH GREEN AND GREY GERMAN ENGUHNEERING
>>
i just use a shopvac with a bag + filter
>>
>>973334
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
>>973318
>>973317
>>973309
>>973130
>I am poor
>>
>>973465
No, anon, I just waste my money on overpriced, overhyped things that I don't use to make a living.

Like my car that burns more than a quart of oil every 500mi, which the manufacturer says is normal, even though the issue is caused by them recommending a lighter oil just to get a better EPA rating. Still cost me >31k.
>>
>>973469
Top kek, you probably feel the same way towards Ryobi users with the Milwaukees and Makitas you love so much, even if Ryobi would suit your needs just fine you dumb fucking punk
>>
>>973474
Actually I don't use any of those brands currently.
Ryobi is great if it works for you and your wallet, personally I got dewalt because of one tool that only they make that fits my needs well, and stuck with it since I invested in the system already. I prefer the build quality and ergonomics of dewalt on jobs too. But I do have a Ryobi kit for jobs in cities like Dallas, or jobs where they might get destroyed (like 700ft in the air if i need something other than an impact, near large bodies of water, etc.)
As far as bits and drivers I buy everything but the no-name chinese stuff.

Ryobi is great for certain tasks, and they make a lot of tools others don't, since they're the "testing" brand, The mini pressure washer comes to mind. I don't like their 18v drill though, it's top heavy as fuck. Same with black and decker, I love their cordless hot glue gun. That's why I carry a dewalt in that bag too.

I hate Milwaukee and Makita's cordless line.
Makita's AC products are nice though.
>>
>>973481
>I don't like their 18v drill though, it's top heavy as fuck. Same with black and decker, I love their cordless hot glue gun. That's why I carry a dewalt in that bag too.

Should be
>I don't like their 18v drill though, it's top heavy as fuck. That's why I carry a dewalt in that bag too.

Goddammit.
>>
>>973465
Sweet Christ you are retarded. A full Dewalt or other line of tools of expensive as fuck just not as ass raping immigrant crisis tier bad as festool cuck shed building equipment.

They are literally Dewalt or Milwaukee or whatever other brand painted grey and green.
>>
>>973620
>>973474
Yeah, the jump from $50-$150 is nowhere near the jump from $150 to $1000
>>
>>973465
Rich people dont get rich by being loose with their money
>>
>>973465

>I am an American with a credit card so I can spend more than I have.
>>
>>973702
>only Americans have credit cards...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.