[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, bought one of these little bastards a while back going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
so,
bought one of these little bastards a while back
going to build a frame and motorise it
mused at the thought of cutting it down the edges of the bonnet and around the windscreen and extending it then fibreglassing it using the shape to make the body wider

but trying to find a frame small enough is a bit of an issue,
i want to utilise the steering wheel kind of design,
i would really like to put the engine in the front and run a driveshaft to the back, but i dont feel like over engineering this is the way to go about it,

but in the way of weight distribution and the space under the "bonnet" i feel is a complete waste to just house the steering rack

especially when i feel like i could but a decent size engine and gearbox in it

ive looked at go kart frames
i've looked at motorised esky's
i;ve looked at bodging a fridge trolley,

the motorised esky frame seems like the most compact way to go about it but i feel like this could be done alot better with a better base
>>
>>971055
You're building a gokart. A cheesy and over complicated one but a gokart none the less. You're in for a bunch of fabrication. Your motor will likely end up being a horizontal shaft honda clone. Your "gearbox" will end up being a torque converter. Your drive shaft will end up being a long chain.

You say you don't want to over engineer it. You are are. Go to gokart forums and start poking around. Once you have questions about doing specific things come back here and ask.
>>
File: Köksal-Baba-Car.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Köksal-Baba-Car.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>971055
are you Koksal baba?
>>
File: Skinless-Polska-Kielbasa[1].png (116 KB, 450x191) Image search: [Google]
Skinless-Polska-Kielbasa[1].png
116 KB, 450x191
>>971175
>are you Koksal baba?
>>
>>971180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsmQpMX5bg
>>
>>971055

Hinge the bonnet and drop that shit onto your riding lawn mower, instant hotrod and useful!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.