[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How difficult would it be to make these? Mostly I'm wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Log-Side-table-2[1].jpg (18 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
Log-Side-table-2[1].jpg
18 KB, 333x333
How difficult would it be to make these? Mostly I'm wondering where I would get the wood, how I'd cut it and the cost of stain and polish.
>>
>>970691
Those look like logs. You can get them at the log store - aka forest. You cut them with chainsaws and the costs of finishes depends on where you live.
>>
>>970691
Are you blind OP? Those are painted matte black, not stained or polished. If this is what you want the species is pretty irrelevant. Go to the woods and get sawing.
>>
>>970691

Never underestimate the level of stoopid in the wild...

Thanks OP for once again proving my thoughts...
>>
>>970691
That is definitely some etsy tier garbage selling for 500 bucks waiting to be picked up by a pill head stay at home trophy wife.

It's VERY OBVIOUSLY painted black tree trunk sections that have hard the bark chainsawed or unevenly scraped off prior to painting.

Go get a chainsaw and paint.

Or black India ink to stain it. You will need a lot.
>>
Holy shit you guys are autistic. If I ask about stains I'm obviously not going to paint it. I just wanted to know how much it would cost to stain a log that size and where I can buy lumber.
>>
>>970729
>already mentioned black India ink

>what is home depot and do they sell chainsaws, wood, and stains

>what is googling "lumber store near me"

You're the autist. It's obviously going to be 15 to 40 bucks of stain and and maybe clear coat depending on how much and what kind. Max would be 100 dollars if you bought a ton of it.

The common sense questions on this board are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>970729
>duuhhhh where do logs come from?

You're retarded.
>>
>>970736
>It's practical to buy the equipment to fell a tree rather than buy a log
>lumber mills carry raw logs all the time
It's you
>>
>>970736
Don't forget that you'll need to dry that fucker out for a year or more.
>>
>>970700
>>970691
Guys, just go to a lumbermill.

Anyplace that has forest will have a lumbermill somewhere. Google it on your phone, I live where the forests are pathetic and there are three of them in town.and if you ask they will just give you a stumpy log or sell it to you for $5 or something. There are always bits and pieces and sawdust when they work and they have to pay people to remove by the pound so they don't give a shit if some guy comes and takes it off their hands.
>>
>>970740
Not really. Just oven it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.