[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a really shallow (5-10 inches unless it rains heavily)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: artificialPool.png (6 KB, 1140x470) Image search: [Google]
artificialPool.png
6 KB, 1140x470
There is a really shallow (5-10 inches unless it rains heavily) stream behind my house that has some moderate flow.

Will anything interesting happen if I make a hole a yard^2, half-a-yard deep in it? Like will fish start living there or something?

I assume it will fill in very quickly if I don't make it wood lined or something, right?

I just had a this dumb idea out of nowhere and am wondering.
>>
>>969278
nothing will happen
>>
why are you asking the internet?

do it and see if something happens!
>>
>>969278

This may not apply where you live. But I was reinforcing the walls of a stream for a client who lived on a steep hill and during the construction we dug out a couple of flat spots with water falls to slow the flow of water.

In these flat spots in the steam, which the spring sprung right behind his house, not 200 feet up the hill had started to show up with hundreds of what we call million fish.

So depending on your climate and the habitat around you it is entirely possible.
>>
look for fish in the stream
>>
If you live in a developed country there may be environmental and zoning laws that dictate what you can and can't do with the stream. wetlands and water sources tend to be heavily legislated because so many douchebags of yore would dredge, pollute, dam, divert, or hog them and it would cause a chain reaction of damage to an expansive amount of the local ecosystem and water supply.

for this reason there are building and construction codes involving disturbance and proximity to streams, agricultural and storage codes involving streams, disruption of water flow involving streams, and hell - a lot of places you can't even collect rainwater within proximity to streams because you're effectively "stealing" it from the stream's ecosystem

so... check with your local bylaws OP
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.