[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tip Jars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
Alright i have been working for a cigar store and my old tip jar just broke. So i want to make a new one.

Any ideas how to make a Tip Jar that would attract customers?
>>
File: Goatse_Security_Logo[1].png (27 KB, 320x247) Image search: [Google]
Goatse_Security_Logo[1].png
27 KB, 320x247
a big silicon onahole butt.
So you can do pic related.
>>
>>966402
If you are not attractive enough to attract customers, no tip jar will attract customers for you, the problem is you, remove yourself to solve the problem
>>
File: 1457553719407.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1457553719407.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>966410
>implying
>>
Try a tip jar that's nice, knowledgeable and helpful.
>>
Whenever I've decided to tip, it is because of the person, I do not care what so ever about the tip jar.

The biggest tip I ever gave was in Sweeden, but a big factor there was that I didn't want to bother exchanging the currency back and it was my last day.

Anyway OP, concentrate on your work. Of course keep it maintained, always a few bills in there so people know what it is, but not too much so people feel their tip is appreciated. Also, don't write some faggot phrase and a note card and scotch tape it to a glass jar while your coworker adds an adorable doodle.

Mostly fuck off tho.
>>
File: jeff.jpg (21 KB, 583x359) Image search: [Google]
jeff.jpg
21 KB, 583x359
>>966410
>>
>>966402
That sounds like a /biz/ question. Come back when you have a design and are unsure on how to make something.
(I'd totally make a rube goldberg machine-like tip jar though)
>>
Mason jar with a scrap piece of paper duct taped to the front with the word "TIPS" scrawled on the it with a sharpie.

No one cares what the jar is like.
>>
I'd do an arduino based tip jar that gives comment on how much was tipped. Coins : aren't we feeling generous today? One dollar: ooh, big spender! Anything higher should be something funny, and also mixed responses so they don't hear the same thing twice.
>>
>>966402
Cigar store? Where do tips factor in?
>>
>>966788
Maybe the tips they cut off cigars
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 236x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 236x449
Something rewarding to put coins in yet fitting to the inviroment.

I could see pic related looking nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 476x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 476x390
>>966847
Or one of the reproduction mechanical coin toys.
>>
>>966402
why do cigar store employee's deserve tips?
>your not a fucking waiter or bartender, your not a bellhop.
Quit begging like a poorfag and live off that hourly wage you nigger

>I fucking hate idiots who put up tip jars
>So fucking much, this is a petstore knock that crap off
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 296x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 296x320
A face bank.
http://youtu.be/HXoPFxP7dGE
>>
>>966850
Who are you quoting?
>>
Build your customer service skills.
>>
>>966910
>10▶
>>>966850
you're mom
>>
>>966591
>I'd totally make a rube goldberg machine-like tip jar though

This. Like those donation boxes that the coin does a sweet spin around.

Don't encourage tipping though. Tipping is for jerks.
>>
>>966850
>implying anybody deserves a tip unless they've provided exemplary service
>>
>>967122
People don't like carrying coinage like pennies and nickles and shit. A tip jar is basically a convenient waste receptacle for coins.

For a tip jar, I would eschew a Rube-Goldberg machine because myself I would just throw my coins into the trash before wasting my time plinking them one at a time into some machine.

A mason jar with 'TIPS' hand-written with a sharpie on a scrap of paper scotch-taped on is good.
>>
>>967124
>one by one
He should put a poker machine in there
>>
>>966402
Do it based on a theme,you know that panhandler who hsd multiple bowls with each religion and then a sign that said which cares the most for the poor? Do something like that related to cigars and just change the names every so often. An example is which cigar bramd is better etc or dovsomething related to your customer base
>>
>>967131

Alternatively, have multiple jars, one for each religion / race that your customers want to see wiped off the face of the earth. Make sure the Jew Jar is more full than the Christian jar - you'll have more Jews buying cigars than anything, and Yahweh knows they'll need the motivation to spend more money.
>>
Just use a old cigar box? Like how has no one said that?
>>
File: itazura bank.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
itazura bank.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgePihVFzc
>>
File: a (90).jpg (47 KB, 359x478) Image search: [Google]
a (90).jpg
47 KB, 359x478
TIPS

you disgust me
>>
>>967303
DELETE THIS
>>
File: a (31).jpg (7 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
a (31).jpg
7 KB, 196x257
>>967324

No you
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.