[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUMBbells for DUMB People?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: how.jpg (68 KB, 800x866) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
68 KB, 800x866
I bought some dumbbells a couple of years back from a bootsale. Each one is packed full of weights and I never could work out how to separate it and remove some disks. Its like its all one piece. Any ideas?
>>
>>965326
Looks like it is welded on caps, you can't take them out now
>>
Bollocks. That'll be why they were so cheap then. Can't believe anyone would make such heavy dumbbells. I do have an angle grinder. Do you think it's worth maybe salvaging the weights and buying new handles?
>>
>>965341

Yes
>>
>>965326
You positive the outside caps aren't just screwed on really tight? And there's no locking nut on the other side?
>>
i've seen fixed dumbell handles before
usually they've got a hex head bolt in the end

get us a proper photo of the end of the bar, it sort of looks like a pin spanner hole or a cosmetic cap

>Can't believe anyone would make such heavy dumbbells
here's your >DYEL
>>
>>965326
well they are iron weights. so they should be a standard size. there might be a reason that they're welded on. possibly they are not a standard size? like the shit tier wallmart weights are a random size to lock you into a brand and to prevent the weights and bars from being used for more than they are intended. olympic weights for example have the largest bore diameter so they can be fit on a strong standard sized bar and used for competitions and training. this is why an olympic weight will cost 50$ each when you can buy a cheap dumbell set for 30$.

are the weights welded together?
>>
Did you notice the small hole in the side of the end cap?
It looks like a setscrew for me.
More info needed.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.