[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't want to offend anyone and i ask this out of pure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: mw.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mw.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
i don't want to offend anyone and i ask this out of pure curiosity: does matthias wandel have some kind of issues? i always wonderend, for the goofy manners and the rage he shows in replies to criticisms on his youtube channel

beside that he is pretty fucking good in what he does, just wondering
>>
>>965208
>and the rage he shows in replies to criticisms on his youtube channel

I was taken back by this when I first saw some of the stuff he was posting. He is very short with all people, even if they arent criticizing him. Its like he doesnt understand social cues or subtleties of conversation.

I bet you could put him on the autism spectrum somewhere., Seems to have a high intelligence and an inability to filter himself or understand social situations. He is pretty eccentric.
>>
>>965210
indeed i remember one rage attack he had about particles diameter for a filter system.. he was totally out of misure
>>
Well, since he is homosexual, we know he has some kind of mental illness
>>
>>965234
Holy shit, does his wife know about this?
>>
>>965210
I guess eccentric is a good way to put it.

He seems to take some time to warm up with people.

Also, knowing the internet, i presume he had his fair share of nasty comments on his channel so i don't blame him for making short work with haters.

I'd really like to hear him talk German more, his family used to live some 80 miles from here.
>>
>>965208
People don't like to be criticized. Especially when they are being criticized for things they enjoy doing and think they are good at it.

but since its youtube, it could just be an act. Its really easy to pull in views by acting like a giant retard.
>>
There are literally millions of morons commenting at all times on ShitTube. It's amazing he even bothers to respond at all at this point. It's even worse than /diy/ where those 1/10000 who actually bother to build anything get shit on or inundated by inane and outright stupid comments continuously.
>>
>>965328
You realise this was an inane comment right?
>>
File: 1456861772147.gif (493 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456861772147.gif
493 KB, 500x500
>>965208
It's because he's German.
>>
>>965208
He seems fine to me. Never noticed anything weird about him.
>>
>>965234

Sadly, no, we are not ready for the big reveal, so he haven't told his wife yet.
>>
Definitely on the spectrum somewhere but who gives a shit, he's awesome.
>>
As someone on the autism spectrum, and as an occupational therapist that works with autism,

It's autism. I love Matthias and have watched/read 95% of his content. But in his YouTube comments he definitely easily feels like he's being attacked even when he isn't.

Also I feel like he rarely makes any actual projects and mostly just makes more tools. Still cool though. The coolest thing he ever made IMO was the wooden organ.
>>
I have only ever seen 2 videos from him and 10 seconds into the first one I realized something was odd with him.

Good videos though
>>
>>965208
He definetly has some kind of shyness or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriSZqEdiSc
>>
reading youtube comments is a compulsive disorder
>>
>>965877
I thought it was masochism.
>>
>>965407
This, some people are just cold when dealing with others, specially germans and eastern europeans. He's got german precission flowing through his veins.
>>
>>965890
>precission
>woodworking
Not exactly what germans are known for. But he's quite methodic with his work.
>>
>>966111
KEKoo clocks. Wooden clock building is actually one of the things every normie will know.
>>
>>966111
You must have missed the time he explained how he cuts wood to 5 thousandths accuracy on his table saw.
>>
>>965890
idk man, i never noticed it so much in german people before
>>
>>966386
Go to Germany.
>>
>>965210
Are you guys talking about vids or comments? examples of any?
>>
File: 2013-09-23-09.31.17.jpg (408 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-23-09.31.17.jpg
408 KB, 1500x1125
>>965208

>the rage he shows in replies to criticisms on his youtube channel

This really put me off him, that Wranglerstar dude as well he gets really butt hurt if you disagree with him or offer another solution. Why would you even bother replying to someone shit posting on youtube unless it was a highly rated comment or some shit. Pic related someone who doesn't give a fuck about youtube comments and just does his thing.
>>
I like his videos, I don't care if he rages at YouTube commemnts, seems like a waste of time but whatever
>>
I've noticed that he struggles to maintain eye contact for more than a split second at a time, which is weird since he's looking into a camera lens. Some kind of autist for sure, nothing wrong with that, he is a genius.
>>
>>965407
As an Austrian who's native language is German, I can say Germans, especially after they turned 40, are probably the least chill people anywhere.
>>
He's very short with people who comment on how he could be doing something differently (especially people concerned with workshop safety), and I reckon it's a combination of having heard the same sentiment before, and the somewhat condescending tone.

It's a reasonable stance to take, even if it makes me a bit sad when he harshly puts down a well intentioned (if not well informed) comment.
>>
>>966541
You take that back, Schlutenscheisser!!!
>>
My money's on aspergers
>>
>>966536
I always thought he was looking at cue cards or something similar offscreen.
>>
I dislike people who always think they're right, and I despise those who create 'experiments' under the guise of objectivity to validate their opinion.

That said, he's a really brilliant guy. Also a jackass.
>>
>>966984
i don't know what would be worst
>>
>>965208
he has equally awkward wifu, desu
they recently had their first child, and when we add they are Canadians, you really don't need to look for special condition.
he's p. good and original in his DIY shit, something that Steve Ramsey lacks lately...
>>
>>966536
genius is a strong word
>>
>>968008

he's not stupid like most autists, is he? He's pretty brilliant sometimes and adapts to get the most out of his materials and designs on the fly, and he's usually a few steps ahead of his own constructions.

If I had the tools he has I don't think I'd be able to make a third of the things he could.
>>
>>968645
>He's pretty brilliant sometimes and adapts to get the most out of his materials and designs on the fly, and he's usually a few steps ahead of his own constructions.
Are you basing this off a video he recorded and edited?
>>
>>968647

good point, but even in his collaborations where shit goes wrong, or videos where he fucks up, he seems like he know's what he's doing.

He's not perfect, but he's not stupid.
>>
>>965328
>It's even worse than /diy/ where those 1/10000 who actually bother to build anything

Who else here builds at least 4 things a week?

The thing is, lots of what I do (and I would assume /diy/ is like me) is little shit we don't need to post about. Big projects take time and money, so unless you are doing it for a living, you won't be able to post about it very often.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.