[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Build your own home. There is a 0.81 acre lot in the area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-07-23h48m09s10.png (482 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-07-23h48m09s10.png
482 KB, 720x404
> Build your own home.

There is a 0.81 acre lot in the area I'd like to live. It appears to be just a lot that was never developed with houses surrounding it. I tried to google for some information, but it just gave me dead sites and clickbait sites. Does anyone have any experience with this? Like how much would I cost to get sewer/water/gas/ect to hook up?
>>
>>965069
.81 acres? Hot damn!
That's actually a lot for a city lot. I have no clue about your question, but all the lines are right the fuck there, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Call your water/sewage Dept and see if they even charge. Electric may be free as they are a private-ish company.
>>
Depends Op, you need to contact the City for a servicing report on the lot, and also contact your local electric/gas provider to determine what's existing.

The price could range from $0 if there is already service stubs to the lot, to $60000 if you need new services with a utility cut through a roadway
>>
Some neighborhood plans call for empty lots as green space.
>>
>>965069
Call up the city council, they will tell you everything you need to know, what facilities are already connected to the lot, what you can build there, what you can't do there etc.

That is if you are doing this legally, you never mentioned that this lot was for sale or if you planned on buying it, from the way you are talking it sounds like you just want to build a home on an empty lot because it's there.
>>
>>965069
>>965151
this.
many places have caveats and restrictions on what can be built there. there is also this thing where people can bill a property. if an owner wont pay they can place a lien on the property which is like a bill in perpetuity. if someone else buys the property, they're now responsible for paying these bills. sometimes there is a water main running through the middle of the block. in which they can have easement rights on the land. the only way to do it is to hire a property laywer to give you a report on the site. this is a part of buying a house. its why transfering a property can cost 20k$ or more before you even make an offer just to get builders in there to make sure it's not a toxic waste dump site or some shit.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.