[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I moved into a new apartment and the previous renters were asians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 20160320_194150.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160320_194150.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I moved into a new apartment and the previous renters were asians or something and cooked all the time. This part above the stove is greasy as fuck and the grease has seemed to become super fucking stuck on.

I've tried everything to get it off, chemical degreasers everything.

What do I do?

It smells pretty bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>964993
One round of this, and I guarantee that grease will never trouble you again.

Mail order it from whatever your country's mail-order catering supplies firm is.

Wear the goggles.

If you need to make a minimum-order, get a Victorinox knife and some whipped-cream cartridges.
>>
>>964997
What is it?

Is it dangerous?

Isn't there something I could just buy at a hardware store or something?
>>
>>965007
>What is it?
A bunch of surfactants and a shitload of sodium hydroxide. The sprayer has a helpful "foam" setting that makes it cling to the surface. It's ph 13.
>Is it dangerous?
Yes.
https://hdsupplysolutions.com/wcsstore/ThdsMroUs/product/fm/additional/MS/MSDS-114937.pdf
>Isn't there something I could just buy at a hardware store or something?
There are loads, but they don't work.
>>
>>964993
Go to your local big box hardware store
Look in paint/wallpaper aisle
get a box of this
Fuck that "phosphate free" stuff
Buy a pack of yellow dish gloves too
Mix a batch of this with warm water
Spray on, and let sit a minute or two

This stuff removes wallpaper glue, so grease shouldn't be an issue

PROTIP: if you're painting a room in a house that used to have a heavy smoker, this also works
>>
File: TSP[1].jpg (129 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
TSP[1].jpg
129 KB, 650x450
...and forgot pic
>>
File: 90943jlskjg.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
90943jlskjg.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>965013
>>964997

Can substitute pic-related for Suma Grill D9, as it contains grease-dissolving sodium-hydroxide & surfactants and is easily sourced at hardware, home-supply stores. However, it can dissolve paint and am going to recommend verifying whether the hood is powder-coated or painted before considering the use of it.

Similarly, mineral spirits, denatured alcohol are degreasers and work well separately and mixed together. Again, however, both are volatile so consider preventing both chances of sparks and gathering of fumes by turning off flames, electronics nearby and working in a ventilated area.
>>
>>964993
Try using the blue evaporator coil cleaning solution
>>
>>964993
Or how about you report this nasty ass shit to the slumlord you're renting from and have him come fucking clean it.

>src: im a landlord and would fire my entire cleaning crew in a fit of rage over this
>>
Landlord here. Just bought a 4-plex and had to refurb all the units. Those vents are like 30 bucks to just buy a new one. If that thing is truly fucking gross just tear out and replace. Save yourself the time and the bullshit upsidedown scrubbing.
>>
>>965064
>Those vents are like 30 bucks to just buy a new one
No way that shit is true.

Link me to where they're selling them that cheap?
>>
>>964993
sugar soap. its better than engine degreaser.
>>
>>965692
Not him but Lowe's has a few models for like $40. It's just a fan and a light socket in a metal housing, they're pretty cheap.
>>
Your landlord should've cleaned this, it's not your responsibility.

Baking soda takes care of my grease but yours sounds much more caked on.
>>
Use Spray Nine.
>>
>>964993
Where are you?
I just had some shitty neighbors move and this sounds like something they would do.
>>
>>964993
Try ether
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.