[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forge Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160320-214501_1.jpg (89 KB, 1078x571) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160320-214501_1.jpg
89 KB, 1078x571
Post forges, forge projects, holes in the ground used as forges, etc.

Here's my simple little fire poker I made. Didn't take very long at all and only really made it because I was bored.
>>
>>964980
I remember my first attempt at a sword was hilariously bad. I overworked it and left it in the water trough after cooling for some reason. THEN, I decided to paint it in order to hide the rust with tempra, making it look flaky. I still have it somewhere. My second attempt was much better, though I simply reworked high quality steel into something else and didn't leave it in water that time.
>>
Bumping this from destruction
>>
>>964980
>simple little fire poker

heh had a field trip in elementary school where we helped to make one (hot steel and everything) and got to take it home. doubt that would fly today.
>>
>>964980

Do you have your own forging area or is there a place you go for that?
>>
>be inna trade school
>near the end of our program we'll have an assignment which is to make a small steel barbecue
>thinking of modifying it to fit a hair blower and lining the inside with clay that I'd probably get from the masons or something

Is this a decent idea?
>>
>>965413
Forging in my colleges forge at one of the metal shops.
>>
>>965436
Yes.
>>
>>964980
Not bad for a starter project. Next one, learn how to upset the end and then split it to make the fork, instead of welding on a separate piece.

>>965008
>paint
hilarious indeed

>>965436
You'll probably want refractory clay or it'll flake off in the heat. Also, use a t-shaped pipe for the blower so ash falls into a collection pot instead of into the blower.

----

Anyone have experience making a DIY induction forge? Would I have to learn electronics to do it? I am an experienced metalworker, and can do basic wiring soldering.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.