[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refridgerator Bulb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 7flonlius.jpg (80 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
7flonlius.jpg
80 KB, 600x450
>not replacing A15 fridge bulb with 60w-equivalent LED bulb

Its like anons don't want to see whats inside their fridge

>800 lumens
>near A15 bulb size
>less than 10w/hr draw
>10 year lifespan @ 3h/day use
>>
this would actually be great for me, seeing as I leave my fridge open for around 8 hours a day
>>
File: pleb.png (164 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
164 KB, 398x307
>his fridge doesnt have built in LED lighting
>>
>>964711
Look at those bulbs side by side. The LED bulb has a wider base (housing the power supply electronics) which won't fit some light fixtures.
>>
>>964711
My fridge already has LED lighting in it.

Anyhoo,
>not replacing your cooker hood bulbs with high-CRI 40w LEDs
>8,000 lumens
>30,000 lux on your cookertop
>cooktop brighter than the outside is
>less than 80w/hr draw
>doesn't damage hood because it was designed for 40w tungstens
>10 year lifespan @ 3h/day use
>>
I already tried replacing the incandescent light bulb by a led or fluorescent, but the fags at the store doesn't have a compatible one (same socket).
>>
>>964739
>fluorescent
enjoy the Hg poisoning, faggot
>>
>>964711
Given the low temperature of the fridge and the negligible amount of time lit per day, the bulb will probably outlast the fridge
>>
>>964777
Pretty much this. I mean if you have an extra bulb or it burns out, why not, but the fridge is basically the last place to worry about energy efficient bulbs due to their low rate of use.
>>
>>964805
Every joule you emit you pay for twice, because the fridge has to clean it up for you.
>>
>>964809
The fridge light is on for <10 minutes a day, the amount of power you save is negligible
>>
>>964831
I guess the ultimate benefit is that you don't have to replace the bulbs
>>
>>964834
Yeah so like >>964805
said, do it if your bulb burns out, until then it's just a waste. Even if the bulb does burn out, the fridge will probably die before a second regular bulb does. There is no point to rushing out and doing it now for no reason, there are other areas where it would be more effective.
>>
File: oiuwerlksdf.png (87 KB, 2400x542) Image search: [Google]
oiuwerlksdf.png
87 KB, 2400x542
>>964836

A 60w-equivalent LED bulb offers better lighting and return on investment. The discussed bulb offers twice the amount of lumens that an incandescent A15 bulb does. Additionally if spending as little as possible -- long-term -- is the goal, then this bulb still will deliver benefits as the bulb will outlast the fridge and can then be used in another fixture. The depicted replacement bulb is an asset.
>>
>>964713
are you walmart?
>>
>>965028
Really? So it's more cost effective to buy a new bulb then to not buy one at all? They pay you to pick up these LED bulbs?

I don't know about you, but I can see in my fridge fine, it's not like I plan to read in there.
>>
Haven't replaced the (incandescent) bulb in my fridge for seven years...
>>
>>964711
>>
Has anyone experience with antibacterial UV light to make the food last longer
>>
>>964711
>>964734
>w/hr
fuck off
>>
>>964711
>>965342
>tfw they think light in the fridge is on 24/7, even when closed...
>>
>>965161
>maybe a week of run time a year
>kept very cool and has no time to heat up
duh
>>
I already know what inside my refrigerator as I put it there myself
>>
>w/hr
End yourself
>>
What why.

There's four in our house and I can't see the bulb being on for more than a half hour a day cumulative.

That said, I now want to test how long mine stays on for. Might rig up a logger.

The bulb is hot, so I see what you're saying. But unless the LED bulb is free (which it is, thanks Nova Scotia government!) I wouldn't bother.

So I'm going to switch my fridge bulbs into light fitting I don't use, call the govt and get them to give me free LEDs, ultimately for my fridge. Hah. yusss
>>
>>965489
appliance repair tech here..

just push your door switch closed... or look for the magnet hidden around the edge of the door and then use a similar magnet wherever it meets up on the frame of the fridge (it'll be a magnetic reed switch) ... if the light turns off as soon as the switch is triggered then just use a stopwatch to time how long you have the door to the fridge open...

also everyone in this thread trying to save energy by putting led bulbs in their fridge.. you did try cleaning the coils and making sure it has at least 2 inches of breathing room behind it for proper airflow right? because seriously... this is going to have way more of an affect on efficiency than swapping the damn bulb out.... also make sure to not leave the door hanging open.. the less it has to defrost the better... remember a fridge removes moisture so don't put open pitchers of water or pots of steaming soup, or freshly washed bowls of lettuce in it... this'll help slow down the frost buildup and allow you to run the defrost cycle less....
>>
>>964775
>fluorescent
>Hg poisoning

you aint supposed to ate the fucking lamp. However, you right, the high risk of flouresecent lamps exploding, pouring inescapable torrents of mercury over everyone, their kids, pets, beer stash & foodstuffs - that would probably explain why you never see a flourescent lamp in commercial refridgeration units, such as bars, shops, etc. where the light may be on for longer periods, or permanently. Nope, never.
>>
>>965508
I was thinking something a bit more /diy like a timer wired into the switch to detect the time the circuits closed.

Like say, there's 4of us and the others ain't needy like me

Also just noticed OP spelt refrigerator wrong. He kinda spelt fridge right tho
>>
>>965547
put up a camera to watch it then time the video for a day while watching fast forward playback? I get that you want to get fancy with a timer and somesuch.. but if you can do it with existing stuff without modifying anything it's probably gonna give better cheaper results...

also for what it's worth if you catch me before the morning coffee kicks in I have to look at my shirt to doublecheck that I'm spelling fucking "appliance" right...
>>
>>965153
>So it's more cost effective to buy a new bulb then to not buy one at all?
You are forgetting the energy cost?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.