[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to put some velcro on my backpack, but the cordura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 167x300) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 167x300
I'd like to put some velcro on my backpack, but the cordura is too thick to sew onto.

Anyone has some ideas ?
>>
>>964245
Before you put any velcro on it, what exactly are you trying to achieve here?
>>
>>964245
>cordura is too thick to sew onto.

Why would you say that?
Do you have a weak sewing machine?
>>
>>964249

I'd like to put patches on it.

>>964250

Yes. And I actually took it to a tailor shop, and the lady said that the backpack don't fit in the machine, so even if hers could actually pierce the cordura, it couldn't be done.
>>
>>964252
>I'd like to put patches on it.

Learn to hand sew, or use glue.
>>
>>964255
I don't trust glue. It will totally peel off and leave huge glue stains.
>>
>>964252
Sew it with a hand awl
>>
How thick is it that you can't just sew it by hand? Use an awl if need be (file a nail and stick it into a piece of wood).
>>
>>964267
I broke 2 needles trying to sew it by hand.
>>
>>964268
What kind of needles were you using?
>>
>>964268
Ok this is it. Troll thread confirmed.

There is no way you can break a needle trying to sew into a fucking backpack. There is no way, you would have to use a plyer to actually try to break it to break it. There is no way.

Go back to /b/ if you want to put patches on your school bag to impress your friends. You don't impress anyone if you can't hand sew, refuse to machine sew, refuse to use glue.

This is a fucking troll. He will just come up with endless excuses of how "x cannot be done".
>>
>>964268
Needle nose pliers. Grip the needle near the tip so it wouldn't bend.
Could sew two tables together like that.
>>
>>964277

Dude, there are even people that troll on diy ?
Wow.

>>964273
The thickest I had. Think of the little army sewing kit.
>>
>>964281
Either these needles you're using are made out of the shittest metal known to man, or you're just a liar, needles don't just break at the drop of a hat, they are designed to pierce many layers of thick fabric.
>>
>>964281
Hand awl you mongoloid.
They are made to sew leather
>>
>>964268
Which part of "use an awl" do you not understand?
>>
>>964285
>>964290

Jesus christ, it wasn't "I JUST BROKE 2 NEEDLES", It was "the last time i tried it i broke 2 needles".

Why are you so uppity around here jesus ...
>>
>>964292
If you can't use needles, and if you can't use sewing machine, and if you can't use glue, there is nothing you can do really.

The problem is you, not your backpack, remove yourself to solve the problem.
>>
>>964292
People are uppity because you are being fucking stupid.
I don't give a shit if you have broken 50 needles, you aren't going to break a hand awl needle.

Your material isn't as tough as you think it is. And it's not too big to or unwieldy to use on a sewing machine.
You are being closed minded, spouting horse shit looking for something special that doesn't exist.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.