[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to make faggot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: download (22).jpg (3 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
3 KB, 205x245
I have a large pile of treetops, brush and shitty garden waste in my back yard. I need to disassemble it. the chainsaw doesnt cut it. it just makes the thin branches wobble and bend down to the ground and i cant run a chainsaw into the dirt. the ridiculous long handled branch pruners I have with the 1m long handles just bends around the 4cm wide branches.

the internet tells me that kaiser blades/brush axes/brush hooks are good for this sort of job. anyone have experience? I am considering just making a bundle of faggots and using them to make a hugelbed
>>
>>963860
just work through it

had a ton of brush left over after cutting down a tree and it took forever to separate stuff to break it down and burn it....but that was pretty much the only way; bit by bit
>>
File: ccc.jpg (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
9 KB, 500x500
>>963860

i think you need this more that an axe on a very long stick
>>
>>963871

also, this a model for an edgy faggot.
If you find it, buy one with the simplest design (e.g. no mobile parts)
>>
>>963873
Not sure if trolling or serious
>>
gas and matches
>>
>>963860
>how to make faggot
Stand in front of a mirror.
>>
File: hatchet.jpg (407 KB, 1784x938) Image search: [Google]
hatchet.jpg
407 KB, 1784x938
bill hook is for standing brush. get a stump and a small hatchet (pic related) and chop it into 12" lengths pile it up off the ground for 12 months to season it then use it to heat your home in a rocket stove, reducing the need for wood from older growth forests, faggots will be posted tomorrow as a proof of concept
>>
>>963955
He should be serious.
I've used one, and can second his opinion: the fewer moving parts, the fewer things to fuck up.
>>
>>963860
>

Why dont you just rent a wood chipper
>>
Bush axes are the bees knees for clearing brush and undergrowth, but for chopping up the resultant yard waste, I agree with anon, hatchet and a stump.
>>
>>963860
dug up my reciprocating saw and it's proved effective for making faggots. fucks up a bit on the really tough lignin rich areas but im steadily getting through it. will post pics of hugel bed when I get to it.
>>
>>963860
Bush axe, sawzall with 12" blade, bow saw.
>>
File: download.jpg (97 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
97 KB, 620x465
>>963860

A Billhook is the correct and most efficient tool for the job.

My dad almost solely uses something similar to this and apparently when sharp it cuts 3'' maximum diameter. (stone masonry makes him a hulk at manual jobs like this though)

Hacking away with this is far faster than dicking around with saws and loppers. My dad has convinced a fair number of people he's worked with to use one.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 400x120) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 400x120
>>963860
Secateurs
>>
File: brushsaw[1].jpg (25 KB, 364x222) Image search: [Google]
brushsaw[1].jpg
25 KB, 364x222
>>963860
Saw blade on weed whacker.
>>
Do you even Swede saw, bro?
>>
>>965391
I have one of these. but it made the branches wobble about. Ive been using a reciprocating saw to disassemble the branches and it works well.

>>964943
yeah wanted something like this. but the closest thing was a cane knife at any of the local stores.
>>
>>965391
Make sure it has a straight steel shaft if you plan to do this. The speedo cable type shafts get wrecked with blades.

>>963860
>the chainsaw doesnt cut it.

Then something is wrong with your technique. Have used a chainsaw for this purpose heaps of times.
>>
File: Vesuri.png (243 KB, 796x760) Image search: [Google]
Vesuri.png
243 KB, 796x760
>>
File: 8021980020_909e1f0ca4_b.jpg (260 KB, 1024x570) Image search: [Google]
8021980020_909e1f0ca4_b.jpg
260 KB, 1024x570
>>965698
it was this kind of shit.
I tried. it cut it. but had a tendency to throw sticks at my face from the vibrations. wearing goggles but fuck me it hurts when one hits your nose. also the vibration made it hard to cut up as it would bounce around on the chainsaw blades.
>>
http://static.viking-garden.com/upload/assetmanager/modell_imagefilename/scaled/websizesmall/fc19545e236548678721adafd89fef1b.jpg

go get this shit (or similar)

* designed exactly for your use case
* makes your wase fucking small (about 1-2cm)
* waste afterwards perfectly compostable
>>
>>965762

then you don't know how to use a chainsaw
>>
>>965762
Man a chainsaw should just slice right through that, whether its green or not.
When was the last time you sharpened your blade?
>>
File: bestestvesuri.jpg (4 KB, 362x93) Image search: [Google]
bestestvesuri.jpg
4 KB, 362x93
>>965702
Too bad they dont make em like they used to.
>>
>>963860
Electric hedge trimmer is your friend if the branches are too small for the chainsaw (nothing is too small for the saw if you use a chisel tooth chain aka non-kickback reducing)

But ultimately- SHARPEN YOUR FUCKING CHAIN. If you can't cut a 4cm branch with a chainsaw you need to get that bitch sharpened. It could be the kickback reducers keeping you from cutting, but I doubt it. I cut a bunch of brush out with my chainsaw when I cut up a dead tree for my dad last month. Worked like a charm.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.