[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/, I've always wanted a garden since I was little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: imag2013[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
imag2013[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1952
Hello /diy/,

I've always wanted a garden since I was little and I'm really interested in growing my own food.
That being said I live in a shitty apartment with no garden and I won't get one in the near future.

I live fairly close to the edge of town though and know a few pieces of land close to a river that no one seems to frequent or care about. Pretty secluded and "innawoods".

What tools do I need to clear some space for gardening? I'm thinking of setting up in the middle of some overgrown field so my plot will be harder to spot. I'll need a hoe, a watering can, a trowel, maybe a small rake.
What else would I need to clear some space? Wha kinds of natural fertilizers might I be looking for that I could mix into the soil? What are the easiest veggies to grow with minmal tools? Lettuce, carrots and beans?

I'm an absolute beginner and a bit strapped for money so I'd like to keep everything as basic as possible. I don't mind getting dirty or working with my bare hands.

pic semi related
>>
>>963778
>>>/out/
>>
>>963811
Specifically homegrowmen thread.
>>
>>963778
see
>>>/out/714202

You can still grow a surprising amount of food indoors in an apartment.
>>
>>963811
>>963812
>>963821
Oh, thank you. I was even debating whether to put this thread on /diy/ or /an/. Turns out I would've been wrong either way.
>>
File: soil_bag_planter.jpg (177 KB, 758x600) Image search: [Google]
soil_bag_planter.jpg
177 KB, 758x600
I had about 8 of these on my apt balcony. had tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers
>>
>>964210
>pine bark
disgusting.
>one bale straw
>one bale 2nd grade hay
>giant pile of compost
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.