[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: KIMG0001.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0001.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
Ok so im not good at using for 4 chan because this is my first post. If i sound retarted please bare with me. I have a hole in my fiberglass tub and all the videos and tutorials on youtube are not helpful whats so ever i wanted to know a cheap and easy solution to fixing my tub thanks and have a nice day
>>
>>963243
Where in the tub is the hole?
How big is the hole?

In the outside skirt? Easy fix.
On the top deck? Easy fix.
On the upper wall surround? Easy fix.
In the bathing well? It's fucked.

And fixing tubs is neither "Cheap" nor "Easy", expect to spend at least $25USD and have an entire day spackling in new Resin and sanding and polishing the tub.

Need more info, man, I'm not psychic.
>>
File: 372505.jpg (23 KB, 330x309) Image search: [Google]
372505.jpg
23 KB, 330x309
a new tub will cost less than the fibreglass repair supplies.
>>
>>963270
horseshit.

Any marine store, or even car store, will carry a basic fiberglass repair kit for under 50 bucks.
>>
>>963270
>>963306
sure if you want to cut out the tub so that you can patch it properly from both sides. a tub is not just fibreglass. it has a gel coat as well. and no way bonding dissimilar materials together is going to form a lasting water tight seal. the tub was vacuum formed. it's load bearing. there is a lot of sanding involved. a 100$ tub is cheaper than the days it will take to repair and materials. sure you can buy the fibreglass kit. but then you're going to need to sand a fuckton and paint and if you've never worked fibreglass before I dont know how you think it will be repairable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6EnxtqwBsQ
>>
>>963243
Rip it out and replace with a steel tub, then you won't have this problem again.
>>
>>963243
>if i sound retarted bare with me
i will not bare with you retart
>>
>>963331
>>963306
>>963270
Fill hole with caulking. Once you get a job, buy a new tub.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.