[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about drapes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about drapes. I'm looking to get some blackout drapes because my circadian center is a fucking wuss and won't let me sleep through even the tiniest light exposure. These blackout curtains would preferably be under 50 CAD, and available here in Canada.

I'm coming here for advice because I can't find any fucking reviews for blackout curtains. All the results on Google, Duckduckgo, Bing, it's all fucking commercial results. Does no one buy blackout curtains and then think to write a review so that other insomniacs can avoid wasting their dollers? I haven't slept in almost 48 hours and these goddamn curtains fucking sfufjsifidfsrewtrewopijpijrw
>>
>>961839
This is DIY motherfucker. We MAKE our own blackout curtains here.

http://www.twotwentyone.net/make-blackout-curtains/
>>
>>961839
plastidip the windows
>>
>>961839
Have you even aluminium foil noob, this is diy, not buy-me-shit
>>
>>961860
Aluminium foil is getto tier. You will crack your windows.
>>
>>962141
>foil
>crack your windows

wat?
>>
>>961839
Garbage Bags on the back of regular drapes.
It works a lot better than you would think.

I sleep like a 3rd shifter and blacked out my whole room with them
>>
>>961839
Flux and Twilight on your phone and PC
>>
>>962158
Foil on the inside of the glass causes the glass to heat up. Uneven heating cause by shadows or creases in the foil can cause the glass to crack.
>>
get a mylar tent and cut it up
>>
>>962163
That is such a specific issue of such improbability of happening, you might as well never leave the house because of car accidents might happen, etc etc
>>
>>962165
It has been known to happen. Better to know the risks before you take them.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1000x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1000x533
>>
if the curtains are thick enough try things like putting them to the wall end of the rod holder to get them right on the window or even secure the curtain to the walls. blackout curtains still let light in around the edge. i use foil for when i do nightshift but have often thought of cutting a piece of ply board to size and securing within the window frame.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.