[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get the water to the cabin without the use of electricity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 768x538) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 768x538
How do I get the water to the cabin without the use of electricity? The picture isn't really to scale, there's a really long way to the water, both ways. I also don't have unlimited pipes.
>>
>>961322
Dig a well or get a hand operated pump.
>>
Wheelbarrow and some large containers.

Failing that, >>961323 or a rain catching setup.

You'd be surprised how much water you can get out of a roof,
>>
>>961322
>>961327
Yeah hand pump is what I'm thinking. Just how far into the dark line in the pic do I have to dig? Is the water level always horizontal like I drew it?
>>
African detected.

Why don't you go live next to the water source like the rest of the world?
>>
>>961334
lol, actually it's a cabin in my family. I'm the next heir I think. Right now there's sort of a rain collecting thing going on on the roof, but I'm looking for projects, y'know.
>>
File: bucket_PNG7777.png (1 MB, 1536x1627) Image search: [Google]
bucket_PNG7777.png
1 MB, 1536x1627
>>961322
>>
>>961322
Are you sure the water is fresh water?
Your going to be pretty unhappy if you waste all your time and energy building some contraption and have to spit out your first sip of water.
>>
>>961322
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_ram
Is there any flowing water nearby?

but a well is the better solution, or maybe even digging a trench to a community water company.

If you don't live there all the time, the cost of a real solution--well or water company-- is why no one ever did one. if it's just a hunting cabin or weekend getaway once a season, then that's why no one's bothered. It's expensive and not of a lot of utility if you don't need water all the time.
>>
>>961342
It's fresh. Good part of the world and all.
>>961343
The cabin is actually on the top of a small hill, and the earth underneath it is 80% rocks and sand. It's not something that has to be done, I just want a project. Maybe I'll make a water heater or some way to harvest electricity instead.
>>
>>961322
You live in a monopoly house faggot
>>
>>961334
i don hab tu racis ass cracka
UN and america bring me stuff i do nothing live where i want
>>
water is just two parts hydrogen mixed with one part oxygen. as you know, hydrogen is lighter than air, so you should have no problem getting it to flow uphill from the water source.
so what you'll need is as follows
1) a device to break down the water at it's source. This can be done in many ways.
2) a pipeline for hydrogen from the source to the destination.
3) a device to collect oxygen neat the house.
4) a device to combine the hydrogen and oxygen in the proper proportions 2:1.

using this method, it doesn't really matter how good the water was at the source, it could even be salt-water and wouldn't affect the finished product.
>>
>>961322

you won't be able to raise still water without energy

pick your source of power. Then figure out how you can use it to power a pump connected to a garden hose
>>
solar panels and pump seem like the better choice

do some surveying and try to approximate the water table depth
>>
Use a catapult
>>
>>961322
drive to lake.
fill 20L jerry can.

oh you want to shower? tough it out with a 10L camp shower.

OR; you can just get a garden pump and use cheap black poly pipe. just use it to pump disgusting cryptosporidium into your water tank.
>>
File: water wheel diagram.png (294 KB, 731x484) Image search: [Google]
water wheel diagram.png
294 KB, 731x484
I have methods which, while somewhat questionable, have long been proven to be effective.

First, capture some of the water in the bucket and bring it back to the cabin. Torture/interrogate the water (normally I would suggest electrodes but you're gonna have to get creative) until you obtain information about where the water came from. It will probably be uphill somewhere. Build a long slide (we'll call it a "sluice") from the cabin to that location, making sure that the way back is always (at least slightly) downhill. Put a little gate at the top. When you reach that location, you'll probably find more water (surely related the water you tortured before). Under cover of darkness, sneak into the path of the water and impound it with a dam. With nowhere else to run, the water flow effortlessly down the sluice into the cabin where you can do whatever you will with it.
>>
bulldog, rampump, water flow variable from river to ocean waves you can siphon in so many ways, BE SPECIFIC
>>
File: windmill.jpg (167 KB, 690x920) Image search: [Google]
windmill.jpg
167 KB, 690x920
>>
>>961471
Part 3 and 4 are completely unnecessary. If you burn hydrogen gas mixed with air it produces water
>>
>>961322
>without the use of electricity?
Why?
>>
>>961336
>I'm the next heir I think.
Nope your not, the correct sentence would have been "I'm the next heir I hope."
>>
>>961333
No it doesn't remain horizontal, it forms a "V" around the well if you pump on a regular basis, as well as moving up and down with seasons. If you are hand pumping then you shouldn't have to worry about it.

The big part here is digging the actual well. I saw something like digyourownwell.com or something like that with guides to do it yourself. Other than that well digging services are expensive, yo.
>>
>>961322
If the body of water is a river you can use the flow of the river to force water up.

Source: My Uncle's cabin has this.
>>
>>961334
>>961366

Back to /b/ you edgelords.

>>963227

>correcting grammar
>uses your instead of you're
>>
dig a well. Then have a wind mill power a pump. That pumps water into a water tower.
>>
>>961322
if its river stream, easy, make a generator that pumps water (even if its in small portions) up to a (perfectly) reservouar and then put pipes to your cuckshed (in case pump is broken u still have some storage) otherwise building a well (if its up to 10 meters underground its totally doable (I did a well in my country house year ago by hand, it was 6 meters deep) and then just use bucket system or handpump
>>
>>963280
Not him, but that wasn't a grammar correction, it was a joke.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.