[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shittiest tools
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
ITT we post the worst tools ever built.
>>
>>960672
Got one of them, used it for couple months in project didn't fail one
>>
File: B&Dwizzard.jpg (126 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
B&Dwizzard.jpg
126 KB, 800x450
I have the mini version of that. 15 years old and still going strong, after 10,000 holes drilled. Great tool.
>>
>>960672
leave Black & Decker alone >:c
>>
>>960672
VersaPak tools, which were also sold under the Craftsman name for Sears, weren't great tools but they were shit either. The handles were too large and the batteries weren't great but the tool was about average in terms of power at the time for non-construction cordless tools and the build quality was good. The concept itself was not great but the execution was fine. Still worlds better than the shit-tier tools of the era or anything you could buy from Harbor Freight.
>>
>>960689
This looks like one of those cheap water guns or nerf clones that are too cheap to implement a trigger mechanism
>>
File: shitty.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shitty.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
This tool makes me so sad everytime I use it.
Avoid at all costs.
>>
File: step3.png (40 KB, 430x350) Image search: [Google]
step3.png
40 KB, 430x350
>>960672
>>
any and all die grinders with 3-jaw chucks instead of collet chucks.

mount a decent sized burr and the slight eccentricity of the chuck plus the very high RPM shakes the tool so violently that eventually the internal wiring breaks off.

then sometimes the chuck backs off and it goes from shaking a lot to shaking so violently that it blurs and it feels like your hand is being electrified, and if you can't shut it down it spits the burr out at warp speed.

shit was absolutely terrifying to use, switched to an air die grinder and never looked back.
>>
Craftsman ever since plastic was invented.
>>
>>960840
What's wrong with Bosch drills? My NiCd is going strong.
>>
>>960844
Naw faggot, my dewalt impact and drill set is a 10/10, that thing was a 8/10. Harbor freight impact was 2/10 for reference. That switching drill thing was great, but just didn't have the drilling power the dewalt has. But because I could carry a whole second drill without all the weight, still 8/10
>>
>>960945
I have driven about fifty 1in screws with the standard drill/clutch attachment.
The bearings have gotten noisy and rattly like its a 25 year old beater.

To make matters worse, I bought the impact driver attachment and it is fucking weak. It droveabout 25 3in screws into pocket holed 2x4s but it sure wasnt fast and it didnt like it. The drill motor itself got hot as fuck.

Its a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>960886
Since that was back in 1907 I have to disagree. I agree that the quality of the tools they buy from manufactures has gone down quite a bit from their heyday though. A lot of the 'good' tool makers went under or moved to Asia and Sears kept buying from them to stay competitive on price.

>>960945
Rebuild your battery and see if you can pack a little extra voltage into it by using different cells. The DC motors used in power tools are very tolerant to variations in voltage (I run an old Makita 9.6v at 12v and the power jump is noticeable yet no harm done) and they wont complain if you give them a few extra.
>>
>>960877
Drill chucks are for going straight in. They can't help but be bad news going sideways. There just isn't the same strength.

Same goes for drill chucks in a milling machine.
>>
>>960672

> he thinks that if the tool isn't overly powerful enough to make its own gears slip during normal operation it's a bad tool
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>
>>960689
I have the same one, love it and it's a workhorse
>>
>>960672
What's wrong with VersaPak? Sure it's weak compared to modern standards, but they worked.
I have the drill, the handheld saw thingy, and two sneklights. I read something somewhere about upgrading the batteries to lithium cells, I may do that...
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>960672
>>960840
>>960844
>2016
>already using a "cordless" "power" drill
It still produces less power/torque than an 8" fucking brace
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.