[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyway to fix this? I tried duck tape but it didn't hold up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: received_586323868210368.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
received_586323868210368.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
Anyway to fix this? I tried duck tape but it didn't hold up
>>
>>960241
You're not going to get a reply that fast on this board. And no, not really. It's fucked.

Depends how DIY savvy you are, you could fix it up quick and cheap with some screws and plate metal.

You'll probably get some suggestions to use two part resin to rebond the two ends but I'd be surprised if it lasts any longer than that did.
>>
>>960238
If it's solid, can't quite tell from the pic, you could use a couple of steel dowels, say 1/4", drill into the plastic, THEN two part epoxy those in. If it's not solid, you'd have to use a lot of epoxy with said dowels (enough to get it a few inches inside the cavity) and it'd be questionable.
>>
>>960246
I'm not 100% sure but that's the kind of shit that falls apart to dust when you try and drill it out. Could be wrong but you might end up in the same boat.
>>
File: 20160311_205153.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160311_205153.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Well, this is how I did it. It is possible to fix your chair, even though you may have to tighten the screws every once in a while. Just used some spare metal plates and screws
>>
>>960238
>>960249
Also we literally have the same chair lel
>>
>>960238
The first thing I would try is to make a mould of the original and then make a new one from some kind of resin
>>
>>960249
awesome design skills man - looks like steam punk but with aluminium nails and no design skills
>>
>>960251
I wouldn't.
>>
The first thing I would try is to lose weight and not flop into your chair like free Willy jumping over those rocks and that kid.
>>
>>960258
Jesus man, who shat in your lunchbox
>>
I'd try to replace it with a piece of plywood.
>>
>>960238
I'd suggest JB weld and whatever metal scrap you can find to screw to the side(s)

if you could somehow tip it so the mend is horizontal, I would also suggest using the slower cure version as it will be stronger in the end
>>
>>960273
pointless since it'll never be as strong as before and any faggot fat enough to break that shit in the first place will just fuck it again, most likely on the first use
>>
>>960288
it's a better idea than duct tape
>>
>>960248
You could be right, like I said, hard to tell from the pic. It's almost like they make these things hard/impossible to fix on PURPOSE! Sneaky bastards...
>>
File: amin yashed.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
amin yashed.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
>>960258
FUCKIN TOP KEK
>>
>>960250
And it broke at the same place, what a shitty chair. Or are you also both fat as hell?
>>
>>960340
Both
>>
>>960292
It's either Jews or chinks that are to blame
>>
File: 1457725490793.jpg (99 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1457725490793.jpg
99 KB, 960x540
Drill and pin.
Get a bit of steel rod and a matching drill bit (5/16th should be good). Or 2 drill bits if you're to lazy to cut some rod. Drill at the red lines, fill holes with epoxy, incert rod, epoxy joint.
Next time it breaks, get a new chair.
>>
>>960504
was already said, nevermind
>>
You need dismount the arm and remake with ducktape, is "easy" form.
The "hard" form you need make two drill parallel in arm and fite two wires, secure with plasticine or other "pasta" hard.
>>
>>960250
>>960340
All those chairs are made like shit.
You don't need to be fat, just lean back too hard.
My town has a "spring cleanup week" where people can put oversized garbage on the curb.
Every other house has one out there.
>>
>>960516
I commented very early on and never mentioned I had a chair, can't remember if it was exactly the same but very similar and the same thing happened.

Consumer grade chairs like this always suck shit. Need to look for commercial grade but are often from bulk suppliers or whole salers and cost an arm and a leg.

I paid £200 for my latest from Costco and it's solid.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.