[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better MPG's with Ultrasonic Fogger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot (101).png (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (101).png
545 KB, 1920x1080
Has anyone here ever done one of those fogger setups in their car? Where a ultrasonic fogger is added to a jar or container full of gasoline and all that stuff? Im interested in doing this and experimenting with it.

Would anyone know if this fogger pictured would be safe to use in a gas/alcohol mixture?
>>
File: DK6-24 Fogger 120V-24VAC.jpg (13 KB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
DK6-24 Fogger 120V-24VAC.jpg
13 KB, 300x182
This im sure would fit inside a gas jug.
>>
File: Bouy for fogger.jpg (9 KB, 300x138) Image search: [Google]
Bouy for fogger.jpg
9 KB, 300x138
>>958358
Im not sure if this Bouy would deteriorate or not flaoting in gas.
>>
>>958357
Has anyone ordered from this site before? I tried to contact them but no information pops up.
>>
No.
This is only a way to waste your money, or kill yourself in a fiery death

Almost every gas engine car built 1990 on forward is direct fuel injection.

Gasified fuel in the air intake would probably ignite in the air manifold before it even reaches the actual firing chambers.

Best case, you get severe backfires
Worst case, you blow your engine apart

Your cars engine is already designed to get the best MPG possible for the vehicle, done by very smart engineers.

Now, if you have a TURBINE engine, and want gasified fuel? Sure, go ahead.
But since there hasn't been a consumer available turbine engine car for 40 years...
>>
>>958365
Ok, I see your point. But alot of videos I have been watching on youtube shows it works. It works good for small engines and stuff on lawnmowers etc. But cars have more trouble running on it cause they need more.
>>
>>958365
The thing is the gas fumes are added in the intake and its not a rapid amount being forced inside the engine, its only want the engine consumes under normal driving conditions.

Its not like adding nitrous to a car where its being forced in under pressure. (I know its a different chemical setup but its more explosive than gas.) Just a example.
>>
>>958366
>alot of videos I have been watching on youtube
Totally legit m8
>>
>>958377
Yeeaaahhhhh haha
>>
>>958366
>cars have more trouble running on it cause they need more
Well, I'm convinced. Foggers for everyone!
>>
>>958357
What the fuck do you think injectors do?

They create atomized gasoline inside of the combustion chamber.

Having "fumes" injected into your intake manifold would literally just cause a leaner condition than usual.
Your o2 sensors and then your knock sensors would kick in and push in more gas.

If you defeat your o2 sensors and run it on lean, it will get marginally better gas mileage because its running more efficient at a lower engine temperature.
There is a reason there is an o2 sensor system, running lean causes much faster wear on your internal engine parts.
It was fine tuned for efficiency and longevity from the factory.

You could have pulled it off on a carbed engine, but I dont think you will see ANY difference in an injected engine without sensor modifications.
And not only that you are putting some hacked up stuff into your fuel system, you are asking for leaks or explosions.

Gasoline fumes are what burns, you dont need them leaking into your engine bay.
>>
>>958397
I got it backwards
Running fumed gas would cause a rich condition telling the engine to put in less gas, but then the knock sensor would promptly tell it otherwise.

Still, you arent going to fool the sensors and you arent going to see a noticable difference in gas mileage. It will be offset by fouled or worn internal engine parts.
>>
>>958397
>>958399
The easiest way to effect a lean burn is to build a warm air intake. Hypermilers do it from time to time. Pull air from around the exhaust manifold, system leans out to prevent knock, power goes down, fuel efficiency goes up.

For bonus points, you can build a system with a variable bypass, so you can switch between cold air and hot for drivability. I saw this done once to an old Saturn SC1 with some aluminum flex hose, a damper, and an old choke lever. Dude claimed he got ~50mpg out of it on a good day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.