[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best method of making a smoke bomb? (Non toxic smoke)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ThermiteReaction.jpg (3 MB, 2095x2322) Image search: [Google]
ThermiteReaction.jpg
3 MB, 2095x2322
What's the best method of making a smoke bomb? (Non toxic smoke)
>>
Probably rocket candy mixed for slow burning, search youtube, lots of info there.
>>
Sugar and KNO3 or something i dunno, google it and dont use your mom's good saucepans.
>>
File: 1419290704237.jpg (302 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
1419290704237.jpg
302 KB, 842x1191
Assuming you have at least a very basic understanding of pyrotechnics,

1 part hard pitch
4 parts antimony trisulfide
2 1/2 parts sulfur
4 1/2 parts ammonium chloride

for ignition material, use 1 part powdered charcoal to 4 parts sodium nitrate. Layer it under the smoke producing mixture.
>>
>>958132
Oh, I guess I can toss some more simpler ones too.

Carbon tetrachloride 45%
Zinc Oxide 45%
Aluminum 10%

Zinc powder 80%
Sulphur powder 20%

Sawdust 50%
Oil 10%
Potassium Nitrate 40%

Sugar 40%
Sulphur 40%
Potassium Nitrate 20%

Potassium chlorate 50%
Sugar 17%
Charcoal dust 16%
Naphthalene 17%

Like, dood. There are SO many recipes.
>>
>>958136
Do you know which one is the best? I'm looking for the largest radius of smoke, the most dense and longest duration.
>>
>>958136
>>958132
antimony and zinc compounds might not be what anon is looking for if he/she wants non toxic smoke

OP, you are probably going to want to go with potassium nitrate or potassium chlorate (nitrate being easy to buy, chlorate being easy to make) as the oxygen source, and as for the fuel, I would go with something like newspaper. Also, stay away from anything that has metal powders like aluminum, the first recipie in
>>958136
is more likely to explode than anything
>>
>>958187
Alright thanks
>>
>>958207
Use a play dough/noodle press to make tubes so they burn inside and out to produce the most smoke.
Rolling it up around a paper tube can work too.
Pellets and bricks burn slow, you want it burnt up as fast as possible.
>>
If you've never made anything like this, you should practice making something similar but less volatile, such as this:

http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-butterfinger-candy/

Get some help eating it so you won't feel like shit. Eat plenty of berries with it to minimize oxidative damage and blood sugar disruption.
>>
>>958485
You can use the crystals in cold packs too, I think you mix the ammonia crystals with water, then soak newspapers in the mix.

Let the newspapers dry and set them on fire.

Look it up, I may have missed some steps
>>
>>958187
>is more likely to explode than anything

Eh, the recipes may need to be tweaked a bit, but I THINK I've tried all of them at one point. I do however always use remote detonators or long-ass fuses. I never light that shit by hand.
>>
ping pong ball in aluminium foil.
>>
File: chandra naalar.jpg (123 KB, 736x1318) Image search: [Google]
chandra naalar.jpg
123 KB, 736x1318
>>958643
works better if you melt them down and dissolve them in acetone.
>>
>>958102
Impact or fuse?
>>
>>958669
Will do next time. Thank you
>>
Sugar and stump remover. Kids these days can't do anything unless it comes in a shiny wrapper with whatever they are trying to do clearly written on the front.
>>
>>959008
That's what was used to blow up train tracks and bridges by the resistance fighters during WWII though so you better be careful about the proportions
>>
use a shit tonne of leaves from the ground
>>
>>958136
That produces mustard gas you troll
>>
>>958102
Here's a good YouTube tutorial:

https://youtu.be/yga8J8Qzf6c

For the mixture:

https://youtu.be/hPGG5xroyzM

I don't add any color to it, and it makes a grayish white smoke.

Instead of the cardboard, I also used pvc pipe with caps on the ends and holes drilled for the igniter.
>>
>>958641
>remote detonators

How?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.