[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sealant Gun came without a nozzle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 244x206
Hey guys, I have a sealant gun but no nozzle for the cartridge, and on Sunday all the shops are shut.

1) Do I *need* a nozzle? The thing in sealing doesnt have to be neat, it just has to stay stuck.

2) If I do, can I just tape a cupcake icing nozzle onto the end of the cartridge as a makeshift replacement?
>>
What shit did you buy without a nozzle?
>>
>>957300

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GU6CNM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It didnt come with a nozzle, even though the picture shows one

I would complain, but I have to get this project done by tomorrow so theres no point - I wouldnt have time to get a new one anyway
>>
There is a review on amazon that has the same no nozzle complaint as you.just cut the tube open and brush the shit on with something.
>>
>>957320
What??

1: He has the gun
2: He has the cartridge.

Just cut off the top of the cartridge and be careful, OP. Taping on an icing nozzle could also work, but sounds messier and less likely to work as just "goop that shit on there".

With silicone sealant, dip your finger in water with dish soap after and rub the seam to make it nice. That's what I do when water proofing kitchen counters to the wall with silicone sealant. Doesn't (and really never will) look good out of the cartridge, just modify it before it hardens.

Also, when you do get one with a nozzle, screw a screw in the end of the tip when you're done for the day, keeps the goop from coagulating.
>>
>>957321
What goods the gun without a proper tube cartridge?its just gonna glop out anywas and get all over everything.
>>
>>957438
Again: what?

There's a nozzle on the tip of the cartridge that is tapped, so you can screw the sharpened nozzle on to get better precision. If he just cuts a small hole in that he should be able to use it properly.

Unless there's a huge difference in the cartridges you and I use, I don't see the big problem. Using someting to brush it on right from the toob isn't gonna be any less messy.
>>
File: 1457292712956989899419.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1457292712956989899419.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>957439
This tube is standard fare.nozzles built into the cap.you just pierce the foil inside after cutting tip of nozzle off.this is different from what you use?
>>
>>957295
Plastic baggie with a corner snipped off. Like icing a cake. Just squeeze the goop into the bag from the gun.
>>
File: 4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>957482
that might work
>>
File: silicon.jpg (25 KB, 137x600) Image search: [Google]
silicon.jpg
25 KB, 137x600
>>957478
Yeah, you cut off the top 2-3 millimeters with a sharp blade and screw on the nozzle.

Same principle for comparable "liquid nails" adhesive I used to glue my shitter to the tiles in my bathroom, to stop it from wobbling.
>>
>>957732
Im still not sure about screwing on nozzles.i tried for curiousitys sake earlier and it definitely doesnt come off.im not sure why id want it to desu.
>>
>>957483
>>957482
I've done this before. Use a tough freezer bag to do it. Also, get some latex gloves. You may need to use your fingers to smear stuff away or something.

Just squirt some in the bag and give it a go.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.