[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get new "Wilton" vise >start taking it apart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 3500x1750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 3500x1750
>get new "Wilton" vise
>start taking it apart to check if everything is thoroughly greased
>my SAE Allen wrenches don't fit
>my metric ones do
>disgust intensifies

The Republic has fallen.

;_;
>>
>>955873
>>my SAE Allen wrenches don't fit
>>disgust intensifies

god i hate your fucking guts

>>955873
>The Republic has fallen.

the swiss bought wilton in 2001

enjoy your chinese homedepot "wilton" vise
>>
>>956016
>god i hate your fucking guts

nani?
>>
>>955873
God save the queen
>>
>>956100
why do you cunts worship your queen?
You realize she is just another person and her life is not more important that yours?

Have you ever stopped to think that your family has been kissing her familys asses hundreds of years? ask yourself why. why do you worship that family?
>>
>>956350
what makes you think that anyone "worships" them, outside of your imagination?
>>
>>956353
Because the british are always going on about "the queen". They even try to make "royal wedding" some kind of global event. In all of their media there is always some reference to her.
>>
>>956364
Amazing. Tell me more about what my countrymen are supposedly going on about in your vision of the world.... Because it doesnt actually match up with reality.
We are generally going on about Cameron being a cunt, Ian Duncan Smith being even more of a cunt, and so on. We might occasionally talk about Prince Phillip when he's made another gaffe, and insulted yet another group of people. the queen doesnt really get much interest, she's just there, has been for the last half a century. just bit of the background, like cups of tea, or a newspaper.

I take it that its not occurred to you that the "global event" of a royal wedding, becomes a global event because *your* news media obsessed about it?

Or do you somehow think that the BBC controls what Fox, CNN, the Uzbekistan Broadcasting Corporation, or wherever else was focused on it, were doing coverage of.

You're not really a very deep thinker, are you?
>>
pls no, let's talk about the growing scarcity of imperial fasteners in products and how we can stop this.
>>
there's a special place in hell for promoters of the metric system
>>
File: deal with it.gif (2 MB, 257x193) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
2 MB, 257x193
I buy lumber in feet and inches.

I do my work in metrics.
>>
>>956569
fuck that i would work for free if i could be a lobbyist for the metric system
>>
>>956608
Why.jpg
>>
>>956624

Because lumber yards have not heard the word of Our Lord ans Savior, the Meter.

But after I have the wood that I need, I don't care what measurements they used before to cut it. Just plane it down to whatever thickness I need in metrics.
>>
File: 1410098077409.jpg (717 KB, 3059x2048) Image search: [Google]
1410098077409.jpg
717 KB, 3059x2048
>>956635
Get OUT of my country.
>>
>>956635
Its the same everywhere buddy. I live in a metric country but even though our timber is sold in metric, its really cut and shaped for imperial. Reason being that any house 50 years or older shouldnt need custom cut timber to replace a stud, joist whatever. Its why i can buy dressed timber in 19mm or 38mm. Crazy numbers. Also building codes are tried and tested. A flooring system tried and tested for hundreds of years that works shouldnt be changed if it works.
>>
>>956688
>A flooring system tried and tested for hundreds of years that works shouldn't be changed if it works.
but its not metric, therefore it doesn't work efficiently. There is obviously a problem and it needs to be corrected. Stop making excuses for the fat american fucks.
>>
File: post2.jpg (59 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
post2.jpg
59 KB, 600x400
>>
>>956688
What the fuck are you on about? Tried and true? They TRIED putting rafters 48 inches apart and found it to be TRUE that it doesn't work that well....You're no carpenter
>>
The real reason for lumber still mostly being imperial, is because sawmills have a deep aversion to spending money and would rather keep using the same 50 year old machinery than buy new Metric calibrated equipment.
>>
>>956817
sauce?
modern building codes in my country just involved rounding off the metric conversion and using the same systems that were used in imperial times. if it was used in a million homes for the past 100 years and didnt fall over too much, looks good. why change?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.