[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This motherfucker right here...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: toilet.jpg (5 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
toilet.jpg
5 KB, 266x189
Ok guys I need some advice. I bought and installed this toilet a few months back in my downstairs bathroom, toilet works fine except that the seat won't stay up. It's a dick wacker. The toilet is level, I've adjusted the nuts under the seat a 1000 times but to no avail. There is a bunch of other people online bitching about the same problem with this model. My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this situation without something obvious and stupid looking?
>>
>>952195
This is fucking stupid. Do you even duct tape?
>>
Take the seat off. Piss and shit standing up like a man.
>>
>>952201
Not bad, but Im afraid the hardest part about that will be teaching my girl and our 7 and 9 year old kids to do the same.
>>
File: toilet solution.png (39 KB, 1330x1200) Image search: [Google]
toilet solution.png
39 KB, 1330x1200
>>952195
Try moving the seat forwards a little so that it has a smaller(less close to 90degree) angle.
>>
>>952210
Already did that, It's as far forward as it can go...
>>
File: frikandel.jpg (57 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
frikandel.jpg
57 KB, 800x534
Magnets anon......magnets
>>
>>952226
Perhaps a lighter, thinner seat is in order. I love my new soft close plastic ones.
>>
>>952195
are you absolutely sure the toilet is level? and if the tank is properly lined up?
>>
>>952250
Yes to both. Like i said in my initial statement, There is a ton of similar complaints about this model, Im just looking for a remedy that doesn't look like a fucking 4th grader with some duct tape fixed it.
>>952232
>>952239
Thank you, I'll look into both of these ideas.
>>
>>952254
how just getting a seat with a more rigid hinge?
meaning one of those seats that can stay in place at 45 degrees for example
the thing would be to find a seat hinge with a happy medium - not too stiff so that it can stick out and hurt someone and not too light that it will fall down like your other seats
another thought is maybe you could just put some sort of material in the hinge to stiffen it
- i was thinking some sort of silicon or even paint
- im not sure what that would be but maybe you or another anon might have suggestions
>>
>>952260
Pretty good ideas, Thanks!
I just called Sterling and they are sending me another seat that will supposedly fix the problem, Since the seat I have now is the one provided with the toilet, They didn't argue at all which leads me to believe that this model is a problem. Anyway, I'm not fully sure that this will work, but if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

Its a Sterling model 402091, bought it at Lowes for like $180ish, Stay away from this bastard.

Also, Thank you to everyone for your ideas, I appreciate it.
>>
hot glue a small magnet on the tank and a small metal washer on the lid.
>>
Velcro tabs on seat and cistern?
>>
>>952417

+1

literally takes a minute to stick it on there, not permanent
>>
File: 1423198742.jpg (17 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1423198742.jpg
17 KB, 500x321
>>952195
>remove toilet seat
>put on japanese toilet seat that is heated and wipes your ass for you
>live the american dream
They should cost you around $80-100 if you want a cheap chinese one.
>>
>>952511
>a chinesse made japaneese toilet seat
>>
File: 1456287918561.jpg (25 KB, 377x250) Image search: [Google]
1456287918561.jpg
25 KB, 377x250
>>952266
>I just called Sterling and they are sending me another seat that will supposedly fix the problem, Since the seat I have now is the one provided with the toilet, They didn't argue at all which leads me to believe that this model is a problem. Anyway, I'm not fully sure that this will work, but if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

Wait and see what the manufacturer sends you.
When a manufacturer sends me something to correct a flaw I've never been disappointed.
>>
>>952379
>not using epoxy
>>
>>952516
FUCK MICROSOFT
>be within warranty period
>controller shits itself
>call m$
>get told "sure well straighten this out, we are mailing out a replacement right now free of charge, it will be there in a few weeks"
>wait a little over a full fucking month
>live membership running out the whole time
>package gets here
>mfw it is a batter cover wrapped in a foot of bubble wrap in a box that is big enough to accommodate 4 loose controllers easily
>call m$ back
>ask wtf
>get told that I have to mail in my controller
>get told they will not provide a shipping label
>have to pay for shipping
>dont do it
>mfw headset breaks 2 weeks later

I will never buy another product made by microsoft because of this. I know many people with the same experiences, they all have said they are done with microsoft's bullshit too.
>>
File: wscLiCX[1].png (225 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wscLiCX[1].png
225 KB, 1366x768
>>952522
Microsoft controllers peaked about 18 years ago. Anything they made game wise after that was for suckers to purchase.
>>
>>952522
>original xbox360
>finally red rings after a few years
>call microsoft and say their product shit the bed what can I do about it
>product out of warranty fuck you
i still have that old piece of shit somewhere
>>
>>952534
>game wise
uh excuse me, that is my $400 netflix machine.
also I only got the damn thing because my friends were getting it. I would have built a pc but Im not dropping over 1100 into a machine that is going to NOT be top of the line the very next year.
besides with computers Im a minimalist anyways.
>>
>>952550
>Microsoft Band
>Gonna get so much health advice yeah. It's gonna be a life coach thing hooked up with my phone
>The apps they promise NEVER appear
>They nuke the one good MS Health app for a new one that doesn't fucking do anything good, like diet tracking, or symptom checking.

>MS Band, a $250 smart watch
>The best functionality is you can talk to it... which you could do exactly the same fucking thing with any Bluetooth headset
>The plastic on the battery compartments disintegrates.
>Get a warranty.
>It disintegrates
>Get a warranty again
>Actually got it in a new box.

Fuck it. Sell this piece of shit.
>>
>>952550
dealt with that shit too
>original 360 on christmas
>rrod less than 2 days later, break without the best gift
>they replaced it cause no way out of that one
>new one lasts 1.5 years
>call
>warranty lol no, we can repair it for $200 + shipping both ways
>"no? ok well is there anything else I can help you with"
bitch, there is NOTHING else you COULD help me with

>get xbox slim for replacement
>disc drive goes out shortly after warrenty period
>buy replacement lasers and drives
>nothing works
>buy new xbox slime
>new slime's drive goes out within 13 days
>mfw I had 14 days to take it back
>mfw I have over 6 controllers with a broken lb
I currently have 5 xbox's sitting here, because reasons. 3 1/2 of them work.
also the xbox one randomly makes a chip noise and has the click sound of a relay opening or closing. and all the xbox one does, mine and everyone I know's, is lag. there is a memory leak in the guide menu they refuse to fix. they also try to trick you into putting your full name on your profile. I'm constantly letting people know this name is up.
>>
>>952564
>Actually got it in a new box.
>Fuck it. Sell this piece of shit.
keked, good call
reminds me of when logitech kept fucking me with a $250 keyboard. kept warrantying the thing because after a while it randomly looses connection.. they eventually fronted me one and had me promise to mail the new one in when they email me the shipping label.
I never received a label. Im not a thief, I called them (not toal free) and asked for the label three times. they never fucking sent it.
I would have mailed it to them, but if they dont care then I dont care.
>>
>>952567
I had someone saying they'd buy it for $100 asking price, but they wanted me to come meet them at like 9 at night and that was way too sketchy.

If I had paid $100 for it originally I wouldn't be so butt blasted, but for $250 and it never fucking did what they said, AND it can't even fulfill the basic fashionable watch function (granting that the black band is a look you're going for.) Fuck that
>>
>>952195
Put some nylon washers in the hinge maybe that will create the amount of resistance you require.
>>
>>952195

A bunjee cord fixed to the seat and wall, the seat will automatically retract when not in use like the ones in the cinema
>>
>>952574
I wont hastle you over your choice in purchases,
but I will state that I cant believe those things even made it to market
>>
File: 143219876541.jpg (76 KB, 580x320) Image search: [Google]
143219876541.jpg
76 KB, 580x320
>>952513
Don't underestimate the chinese.
>>
Velcro and magnet bros have the answer.

Or just take the tank top off, that'll give the seat enough room to lay back fully and it will give you the same feeling that people with old tank cars with no hood have. You can revel in the motion of the ballcock without using your imagination.
>>
>>952511
A good washlet is an excellent friend.

I stayed at a super fancy hotel in Kyoto one time and they had a washlet that would make ocean noises while you pooed, then you could cause it to clean your butthole and dry it.

Oh and also the seat was heated. I used a little TP my first time just to 'check' but never after that, I trusted my little ass cleaning robot slave.
>>
>>952834
DUDE! that's AWESOME!!!! Naruto joined the justice league!!! well its about time!
;o)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.