[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help figuring out if there's a toxin in my room and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 633x758
I need help figuring out if there's a toxin in my room and what it is. The house is old as fuck so it could be anything but I know pretty much everything has been repainted, there's water damage though pretty bad, the insulation and walls have all been replaced in the past 10 years.

I noticed when I go in my room my mouth dries out more and my breath smells bad kinda and it smells way more like my breath smells twice as strong. I never noticed until I brought my cat in here and he started licking himself and I could smell his breath from far away. I've been waking up kinda sick to my stomach and feeling really sluggish and shitty. My health is pretty bad too like paleness and sickness.
>>
Didn't you make this same thread just a while ago?
>>
It's probably in your head. Since you mentioned water damage I'll say mold though. There's tests someone can do to find out what's in the room. That's pretty much the only way to know for sure.
>>
>>951571
Why remake thread?

It sound like poor ventilation, just open all the fucking windows and the problem will go away, literally.
>>
>>951595
The windows are all so old they won't open
>>
>>951596
That is precisely the problem, no ventilation, you just confirmed it.

Now open the fucking windows.
>>
>>951597
Well I leave the door open in the room all day and at night I leave a fan blowing right in the doorway

The window is sealed shut with caulking is there a way to remove it?
>>
>>951602

Try using a knife? Clearly if your house is such a shithole that the windows are sealed permanently it isn't safe for habitation. Did you even think what you'd do if it caught fire and you were stuck in your room?
>>
>>951602
A knife, box cutter, xacto, or whatever you call it
>>
>>951571
if you are going to just complain about the problem - that is well and good
but if you want anyone here to offer any help - you gotta state your ability, your budget and your situation
are you a handy person - can you use a hammer or utility knife safely?
do you have a budget to do any work?
do you own the property and can you make drastic changes to it?
can you provide any images or pictures of what it is ur talking about?
>>
>>951766
I can answer and do that after work if you wait
>>
>>951791
im the anon that asked the question
its /diy/
ill keep an eye on this for the night
>>
>>951571
Go get one of those toxic mold kits from the home improvement stores.
>>
>>951837
Yes, yes, yes a small one probably 50 bucks, my parents own the property, I can post images tomorrow of what I think is the source. There's a window that collects a ton of rain and there's a giant crack in the frame and it literally gets flooded
>>
>>952014
if you only have $50
i would do what i did to my cottage windows
by cottage i dont mean a dumpy old weathered shack
although it is old - i maintain it
- first locate the worst area of leakage
- if you can easily remove an entire board without compromising the entire glass - remove and replace it (by easily remove - i mean you can remove it by hand without tools)
- if you not - clean out as much rot as you can then silicon the shit out of it - use the silicon to cover over everything and deep seal the crack - if it is warm enough outside (over 5 degrees celcius or 41 fahrenheit) paint it with any exterior paint
- other anons might cringe at this fix but for your budget it will buy you some time (maybe four or five months)
- when it gets warmer outside - consider removing the window, replacing old rotten wood and reinstall the window or replace it completely with something new
>>
>>952014
also can you show us some pics of the problem
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.