[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rocket mass heater hot water system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20160223_115542.jpg (835 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160223_115542.jpg
835 KB, 2048x1152
Sup diy
I have this rocket mass heater I built in an an off grid squat. We have to bring water in from an outdoor source and I'm wondering how I can harness hot water on tap from this without getting too fancy. I have a fair amount of copper coil. I'm thinking maybe a foot pump attached to the coil to pump water through the pipe which is wrapped around the barrel where it ends at the top and hot water will come out. Anyone have any experience doing this?
>>
>>951097
Yes, but it is better to have a tank at a higher level rather than straight to tap, this is just to have a constant temperature and pressure.

Also, rather than wrap around outside, just put the coil inside the fire.
>>
>>951100
There's not really a way to get the coil in the fire. It would obstruct the flow of the fire as far as I can tell...
>>
>>951097
You a hobo OP? What the fuck kind of dwelling is that?
>>
>>951104
wrapping on the outside will use a lot more piping and it will not be efficient because the heat will be lost to surrounding air, inside the fire you can have a much tighter coil and much much better efficiency.

Just make a big hole and put the coil in, I don't understand what is so hard about it.
>>
Goodluck getting insurance with that unsafe piece of shit.
>>
>>951097
enjoy your CO poisoning.
>>
op, do you live in California?

>>951143
>an off grid squat
yeah its even worse
>>
>>951097
The hard part is getting the flow just right. Design it so that you can move the coil away from the heat if needed. Also install a T&P valve on each side of the heat coil. You don't need very much coil either, when wrapping around the outside. You only need as much as your flow rate will allow to reach x temp. If you know the temperature you want and the flow rate, you can merely cut the coil off at the point where that temperature is reached. Increasing the flow rate will make it cooler at that point, decreasing the flow rate will make it hotter at that point. If the water stops flowing, it can boil, turn to steam, and explode the pipe.

Never put the coil inside the stove or the pipe.

Since you'd be using a large diameter coil, you can actually make is to you can splay it open a little, slide it on the stove, close it to tighten it around the stove. When don't you just splay it open again and lift it off. you can also set a stock pot of water on the stove top and allow the coil to siphon water down into another stock pot below. Use a valve to adjust the flow rate. This will be less work than a foot pump.

Don't skimp on T&P valves they can save you a lot of injury.

>>951100
> inside the fire you can have a much tighter coil
>just put the coil inside the fire.

Never ever ever do this. It will end in disaster and can get you hurt pretty bad. You massive fucking trolling retards.

>>951176
>>952384
The exhaust from the stove should be venting through that masonry "couch' behind the stove in the OP's image then out side. There shouldn't be any smoke or fumes inside.
>>
Is that a wooden dildo on a metal handle?
>>
keep it simple
make a coil and put it on top of the stove or just below the stove
get an all metal shower valve for temp control
get another barrel and you got yourself a sink/bathtub/hotwaterstoragetankhinthint
>>
>>951097
jesus fucking christ what am I looking at?
what did you do to your house op? what did you do?
did you move here from africa or eastern europe and hud gave you that house?
>>
>>952508
Looks like an partially finished rocket stove mass heater. Projects tend to look better when done.
>>
>>951097
>for an off grid squat
Mods, op broke into someone else s house and trashed the place. look at the damage done to what appears to be a pretty decent house.

global rules state that nothing against united states law is allowed on this site.
I request that you, the mods of this site, report this to the police. this can be done be geolocating his ip, and forwarding the pictures and text of this thread to the local police.
I request this on the grounds that breaking and entering, aswell as destruction of property is illegal.
>>
>>952509
it looks like op stole a 50 gallon drum, broke into someones home, went into their living room, placed a bunch of cement onto the carpet, cemented a bunch of garbage into a makeshift stove even though there is a fireplace right there, proceeded to trash the walls and rest of the house, and just generally wrecked the place.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.