[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i go about fixing a starting problem: can get the truck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 77motorhome.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
77motorhome.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
how do i go about fixing a starting problem: can get the truck running only by injecting gasoline in a small hole of the carburetor.its a pain in the ass to always do this
>>
Have you cleaned the carb recently? Will it start again if it has been running recently? Have you run the line for any cracks/holes?
>>
Theres like an episode in season 2 of breaking bad, they do some shit with magnets and get the rv running, check that out
>>
i was told the carb looks clean, i believe it will once it gets going, no

my mechanic friend who died says it needed a manual choke. i dont understand the theory, because i still need to inject the gas
>>
>>951092
what episode number souvez-play
>>
anyone?
>>
>>951093
I'll give you some advice based off what was wrong with my old buick. Check the gas tank, on my buick there was a bit of fuel hose connecting the tank to the fuel line that had cracked. Made it hard to start because air would get into the fuel line.
>>
>>951089

Does it run perfectly once started?

Does it start if you pump the pedal a couple of times?

Could likely be a choke issue (always open) or accel pump issue.
>>
Rudnick is that you?
>>
>>951089
What car? What year? What engine?
Could be many things, probably with the carb itself.
>>
>>951089
Does your vehicle have a mechanical fuel pump? It should be bolted to the engine block if it does. The pump in my 4.9/300 has a bad anti-drain back valve, which is just a spring/ball bearing that keeps gas from flowing back when the engine is off. It takes a few cranks for the fuel to reach the engine. Starting fluid works as a band-aid. A pump is only like $20, but I don't have time to change it.

TLDR; Check the fuel pump.
>>
>>951089
>>951412
Also, check the fuel filter. Disconnect the fuel line from the carb and put the end in a glass jar. Have someone crank the engine until fuel comes out. If it take a long time then it may be the pump.
>>
>>951418
^
Edit:takes
>>
are you the awful rot guy?
>>
>>951245
Definitely looks like Rudnick's new POS
>>
File: Chuck Testa.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Testa.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>951422
Nope
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.