[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox mods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So I have a heavily modded original Xbox v1.1 mobo with executer 2 chip and lcd front panel I made about 10 years ago. Custom paint job clear case with air filters and USB ports totally turned into a piece of functioning art. Now a days the processing power of this Xbox fits in your pocket, so my question is what to do with it. It still runs Xbmc and everything functions it has a pretty complete history of console and arcade games, just taking up too much shelf space. Wat do
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Even put my name on the Xbox emblem, much wow
>>
>>950115

since you came here for this advice instead of /vg/ or /g/ I am going to suggest you lube it up and push it into your anal cavity
>>
>>950162
That would not get me off, but if I wanted to fuck this Xbox I would tape the controller to my penis and perform a vibration test, I posted here because I thought people could ask me build questions if they wanted to know how to mod a original Xbox or something along those lines, I am sorry if I offended you or something but you seem a little butt hurt mad
>>
Nothing. It's junk. Sorry. Use it as it is and was intended or harvest for any useable parts.
>>
>>950115
I'd leave it at my grandparents' house and mod one a never console.
Maybe do a nice job, and you'll get more bitches.
>>
>>950115
Have you considered using it to uh, play video games? I mean that's the most novel thing you're going to get out of it, if you lost your taste for vidya you might just box it somewhere and appreciate that you own the thing, considering it can't be emulated.
>>
>>950185
But all the Xbo games where shit, why would he want to play those?
>>
>>950185
I'm actually really burnt out on video games at the moment. Like I said it contained a nearly complete list of video game history ( all of the English ones and a few jap games great gigabytes of toms) and an external hard drive with a ton of Xbox titles. I modded a original wii to do about the same, just like to tinker with old consoles mod them to play rom files fuck around wit dem for a few weeks and then grow tired of playing them cause it seems like a chore that I have to win them and if you play though enough of the older games the newer games recycle old gaming mechanics. I have two Xbox 360's and was thinking about modding one but then it would just be another console that plays older consoles shit like the other two consoles that I don't play anymore, gave my PS3 to my brother when I got the Xbox one and I have three games for it I haven't beat yet and nowadays I would much rather watch YouTube videos of people playing games than actually playing them myself, I also am tired of watching movies as I have a nearly complete history of film files on several hard drives, all new movies just rehash old plot lines in a new quirky way and Bam new rehashed movie, and scary movies haven't scared me since a very young age, I've lost my lust for life and am considering auto erotic asphyxiation as a means to an end for a pathetic life, Please God Kill Me Now
>>
>>950115
Ill buy it for 37 bucks
>>
>>950206
How bout tree fiddy
>>
>>950115
Dude, what year model dog is that?
>>
>>950115
Let it sit
I remember the days of softmodding peoples xbox's for cheap.

My buddy had an Executer 3 equipped Xbox.
Once we started doing the AID hotswap method, he sold his modded Xbox for profit and ran just a softmod xbox. We both were modding everyones xbox's, or buying them for cheap and then selling them as modded. Stripping the good drives and hard disks, installing larger fans etc etc.

I think I still have 3-4 xbox part carcasses in a box somewhere, and I know I still have 2 modded xbox's sitting around somewhere.

It may be hard to convey to people under 25 how impressive a XBMC equipped xbox was, and how hard it was to actually work with them.
Now you can do everything and more on a cell phone.

You arent really going to do shit with it, put it in a box and forget about it. You will appreciate it down the line when you are old or something.
>>
>>950209
That is a 2014 Labrador retriever original yellow color completly stock parts but I was considering modding her with shark teeth but it's a costly genetic mod I have to save monies for.
>>
>>950209
Jedi doge tootsie https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZniRTaMeQ
>>
>>950210
You could even run win 98 on them fully functioning Xbox computer
>>
>>950202
Hey man, it's not really the place for this, but if you're pursuing consumption and novelty the way you are, the best thing you can do is break out of that and make your way towards something fulfilling and geared towards creation instead of consumption, you're only hurting yourself when you slave away in the pursuit of stimulation. Numb pleasure and burnout like that is kind of a sign of a problem.
>>
>>950210
They still boot faster than pretty-much any modern equivalent.

Xbox, 700MHz, 2001, 64MB, Xenon OS, fully booted to usable dash in six seconds.
i3, 2000MHz, 2015, 4096MB, OpenELEC, 30 seconds to boot, still loading shit in the background.
>>
>>950243
Life is only consumption as we are all parasites on our host mother earth . and some philisiophical bullshit. I had a hundred thousand dollar collection of movies at one point if I would have paid for the DVD s all torrents. Never added up the video game rom files but I have all the ps1 and n64 titles to. I've stolen millions and must repent for my sins. Dear. Lord Satan hit me wit ad lightening bolt. And your the decider for what's posted where dildo face I'm king of Dee castle
>>
I've played all the games and watched all the movies. Currently considering dropping this thing in a bathtub that I'm in with the old power cable on it and not that GFI piece of shit they changed it too. On livestream of course
>>
>>950686
Do it fagot, I want to see that piece of shit give you the red ring of death. Death by Xbox sounds cool me first
>>
>>950779
The original xbox didnt have the red ring of death, it flashed the "christmas tree lights" red and green back and forth.

But they were so stout you only saw them when you fucked up modding them
>>
>>950788
Whatever nerd
>>
I still have my original Xbox somewhere. I modded it with an 80GB drive and eventually TSOP flashed it so I could leave the drive unlocked.

They're still useful for emulating old consoles such as the SNES, and if you can find a working download link for Gentoox you can literally install Gentoo on them. People used to softmod them and use them as home servers back in the day.
>>
>>950202
I don't remember posting this.
Really, there's nothing you can do with it anymore. Mine has a 500GB HDD, every emulator with preview movies / the whole works... who cares. I haven't touched it in at least a year, if not more. Sell it to someone who would use it / appreciate it, or put it in a secondary room, in the strange event, you or someone wanted to play video games in that room, instead of on some sort of main setup.
>>
>>950794
Did you just call me a nerd? Geek!
>>
>>950794
>>951450
Nerds get all the girls nowadays.
Havent you seen the big bang theory?
>>
>>951453
Okay lets base reality off of a fictional show i watch with canned laughter. Implying I'm not a complete fagot and want to dick chicks. And by the way chicks dig alphaness like Rambo and Arnold Swartznigger
>>
>>951450
I meant to say dweeb. poindexter
>>
>>951450
Nerrrrrrds ermagerd
https://youtu.be/7a_sx3ozoXI
>>
>>951575
>And by the way chicks dig alphaness like Rambo and Arnold Swartznigger

It was totally a thing back in the 80s.
They are called trends for a reason, they have some base in reality.

Now the question is whether the public creates and trends or the media forces those trends to the public.
But there is no question that right now the "nerdy" video game, game of thrones type chicks are the popular trendy thing to be.

When I was a teen in the 00s, all you had to do was throw on some skinny jeans and wear a band Tshirt or dress like a "skater" to have girls "goth" girls throw themselves at you.

Its just when certain cliches get popular with the kids.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.