[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brush cutter attachment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
can I fit a brush cutter attachment to a Victa Tornado 26cc line trimmer?

I've noticed ryobi has their expand-it attachments for their line trimmers that fit many other brands. I was hoping I could just buy their attachments and fit it to my line trimmer. or can I just swap the line cartridge for a brush cutting blade? I was looking on the stihl and husqvarna website and their units have all manner of fancy blades. I am trying to hack back many over grown bushes with branches about 1cm thick. just because the garden has grown over its boundaries and 1m into the lawn which is kind of shit. also, it harbours rodents and snails so I need to cut back all the folliage about a foot from the ground so birds can easily get in there and fuck up the roaches and snails that live there.

tl;dr: what is compatible with the victa tornado line trimmer?
>>
>>949961
ffs, wrong picture.
>>
you don't want to run a brush cutter on the bendy shaft, it needs a straight shaft and gearbox to handle the torque.

if you're cutting wood instead of reeds and weeds stick with an 80 tooth blade, the three and four tooth blades bounce off instead of sawing.

i don't know if victa and ryobi use the same shaft coupler, you're just gonna have to try it.
>>
File: H255-0077b.jpg (283 KB, 1470x700) Image search: [Google]
H255-0077b.jpg
283 KB, 1470x700
>>949992
ahh ok, thanks. after looking at my options, trying to convert this little shitter 200$ line trimmer into a useful tool is not the way to go.

I will need to rent something more ridiculous. a clearing saw. they cost about 2000$ brand new.
>>
>>950010
i use my little TJ27 kwak with a sawblade and it handles it alright, only need to keep an eye on the gearbox grease level.

if you're renting, think about a walk-behind flail mower. you'll be finished in a fraction of the time.
>>
>>950010
I used an old edger attachment and put a saw blade on it
Might be able to find one cheap at a pawn shop
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.