[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chrome Virus I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (211 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
211 KB, 1366x768
So today I thought of about playing CSGO and while waiting for the game to update I thought of going on facebook
but instead of the usual google.bg site opening this site opens
I open my options menu in Chrome and it says that the default search site is WebSearch wich is bullshit
after an hour I tried everything to remove this WebSearch thing off my Chrome but to no successes
So /diy/ what should I do ?
Help me out here
Note right now Im running a complete system check with the anti-virus
Ive unistalled all plug-ins from Chrome
Ive unistalled and reinstalled Chrome again
>>
>>949487
i had that once and it was so hard to remove i ended up reformatting. good luck man and try /g/ if /diy/ cant help.
>>
>>949487
Install. Malwarebytes.

And stop going to ashemaletube
>>
You're pretty fucked op. You'll have to reformat no matter what.You'll never get it all off any other way.
>>
>>949487

OP deinstall chrome, remove all files("show hidden data") and clear the registry (regedit.exe)
>>
>>949487
That is not a virus, that is known as an adware which they are approved by most antivirus, they usually come bundled with others programs.
To get rid of it use this >https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner
After it finish see if you can restore chrome back
>>
Don't listen to these guys saying there's no hope.

MBAM to begin with
TDSSKiller
RogueKiller
AdwCleaner
CCCleaner
Junkware Removal Tool
Finish it all off by running ComboFix.
GG Comp is clean.
>>
>>949515
I almost forgot, those programs usually install themselves as an extension in chrome and firefox, after adwcleaner finishes try to delete it and report it
>>
/g/entooman here
you don't need any special program or thing to do
all you have to do to delete ALL Chrome files what uninstallers don't do
go to
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Google

delete everything, then reinstall Chrome
>>
>>949658
That wont work, since the adware adds registry keys and automated tasks to reinstall it as soon chrome is executed, and adwcleaner deletes this files that's why after using it you still need to clean the browser
>>
I've seen this before, it's a tricky bastard to remove, and I actually had a single computer come back several times, and I had to say to the owner, it's something YOU ARE DOING that's putting this shit on your machine.
>>949516
nuclear option, but as far as I know it doesn't work
>>949658
uninstalling chrome doesn't work either

But shit if I can remember what I actually did, but I think I manually deleted files and ran the reg cleaner in ccleaner and repeated this process for a while.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.