[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
drafty sash windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (988 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
988 KB, 2448x2448
I live in a really rundown old place and when it gets cold, the sash window in my bedroom really seems to contribute to heat loss.

it's a rental home and the window's in poor shape with peeling paint and rotting wood.

is there an easy way to reduce heat loss that doesn't involve taking the window out? I suspect the wood might break if I removed it.
>>
Is the same guy making the same exact thread every 2 months? Like at this point i'm sure it has to be a troll.
>>
what? no. I never come here.

is this a commonly asked question? can I find answers in the archive somehow?

sorry.
>>
>>948780
since it's a rental and I'm assuming the landlord has been asked to fix the problem but wont, tape plastic over that shit. Clear if you wana see out of it, but I'd say fuck it and wrap the shit outa all that and forget looking out the window. The put a thick comforter over it.
>>
>there are people so stupid that they cant wear warmer clothing when its cold
>there are people so stupid they dont even know how to fix such a simple problem
>>
>>948780
Duct fucking tape
>>
Have the landlord fix it fuck.
>>
Dude, I have had this problem most places I've lived, and the only thing for it is weather seal film. If you can reach the outside of the window, then do that side as well, they have different kinds of film and tape for the inside vs the outside. Make sure you clean the window really well, cause you won't be accessing it all winter. When the instructions call for using that hair dryer to tighten up the film, you want to use a really light touch, it's very easy to ruin it at that stage.
>>
>>948780
plastic wrap the outside use a hair drier on the edges
>>
>>948781
Nah you're thinking of the teenager that thinks he has black mold, lead poisoning and rabies from the incessant 60mph winds that batter his 300 year old house.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.