[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning a tabletop for a low-rise desk I'm working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 17wuym1fluf18jpg.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
17wuym1fluf18jpg.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
I'm planning a tabletop for a low-rise desk I'm working on and I've been beating myself over the head thinking of ideas.
My first thought was to use a IKEA desk and just attaching short legs to it but those particle boards are just ugly as sin.
I then thought of using the sheets of wood from the hardware store, I needed a piece that's at least 200X40cm, and after asking they've got a nicely sized sheet of carpenter's(?) pine that's $60 and is 1.8cm thick but I'm wondering if it would hold up as a table top, I don't plan to be smashing it with a hammer but I'd keep a PC on it on top of me leaning on it while I write amongst other things so I'm hoping it won't bend. The other option is a $90 (same size but 1.5cm thick) sheet of walnut but that's a bit past budget than I'd like.
So what do you think /diy/? Also I'll start posting progress pics once I'm started if anyone's interested
>>
Good fuck I didn't know my formatting to be this shitty
>>
>>948523
>not using a door
>not using the top from an old solid wood desk and cutting it to the size you want
>not spending 20 bucks on a few 1xwhatever pieces of pine at home depot and supporting them underneath with cross pieces

Dude I built a pretty awesome bed frame for 60 bucks. Your desk idea should cost next to nothing.
>>
Screw some support boards underneath, they don't need to reach the edges either so they'll be hidden there.
How many legs, 4? You could put a 5th one at the middle if it doesn't get in the way.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.