[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bike question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Hey /diy/ occansional lurker here so forgive me if I am coming to the wrong board. I took my bike to the shop to get a basket put on it. The next morning i left for work and there was a horrible vibrating/buzzing/grinding noise coming from the rear tire where the basket is mounted. My intitial thought was it was the mount acting as a fender as the snow hitting the mount. Any /diy/ to fix this? Pic realted is the bike
>>
>>947763
First of all if this isn't a troll question. use your god damn brain. find where its rattling at and stuff some cardboard under it.

second of all, you're clearly using a mountain bike as a road bike. stop pls. trade on craigslist for a road bike.
>>
>>947763
Goddamn pic related im a fucking degnerate
>>
>>947766
When there is no snow i go innawoods with it
>>
>>947769
trade for a small 125cc dirtbike then. holy shit people who actually wanna pedal in soft shit make me cringe. fuck all that.
>>
>>947771
Holy shit, autismo, a bike's a bike.
>>
>>947779
>a bikes a bike.

are you a nigger? no seriously. are you? because nothing says nigger more then a grown ass dude on a pink childs bike.
>>
put 20kg of weight in the basket and see if the clearance is less than 3cm from the tire. if it is then your basket is hitting the tyre.
>>
>>947763
I dunno about the humming

good luck with the basket install tho... most people who try any of these kinds of cantilever rear racks (the kinds that just bolt to the seatpost, with no supports anywhere else) usually end up reporting that it cracked and broke. Even when they never carried much weight in it.
>>
Obviously its rubbing the tire when your rear suspension compresses. You need to raise the basket higher until it stops rubbing. Can you lock-out the rear shock? Or get a hardtail.
>>
Looks like op's pic would make a better boat anchor than a bike
>goes to Walmart to get a "bike"
>then goes to bike shop to get work done on their p.o.s.
>>
I have wrenched at two different shops, ALL bike techs hate working on these shit heaps
>>

Dummy, your skinny assed road bike isn't going through snow.
>>
>>947763
>I took my bike to the shop to get a basket put on it
Why are you even on diy? If you cant install a god damn basket on a bike then you are incompetent in anything and should bring your bike back to the store and let them fix it for you.
>>
File: stretch.webm (209 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stretch.webm
209 KB, 500x500
>>947763
First point.... that bicycle is a junk. Its a bicycle shaped object. Internet search google or which ever you use for "bicycle shaped object sheldon brown".

Then you will find out why you need to throw away this dual fake (like pedding a bike made of jello) spring suspension bouncy slow frustrating brake easily bike. Please find a decent second hand rigid fork bike. There are alot around usually and usually cheap since most people are idiots who don't know the difference between a great bike and a literal piece of landfill like bike in ops post.

Also you have a seatpost style rack on a dual (fake) suspension bike. I imagine this will cause issues.

Department store bikes are literal landfill. Finding some thing with at least a shimano a altus groupset or better would be great. You don't need a great bike just a non junk caterory bike is Nessicary.

Riding that bike is like trying to body build whilst only eating mcdonalds and pizza, you'll get no where.
>>
>>949592
Bike? Oh theres a bike in your webm. Took me a few minutes. I uh....what were we talking about again?

>mmmm flexible.
>>
>>949592
You sound like a righteous cunt
>>
>>947766
>>947771
>>947782
>>948932
>>948939
>>949592

Aw shit nigga the autism, get help.

>>947763

OP if you have rattling or humming, check your bolts, make sure everything is tight, make sure that with with your ass on the seat that basket doesn't rub on the wheel, you may have to simply buy a rear rack to install a "basket" on, go with dairy crate if you can get one.
>>
>>949638
I want more people to enjoy cycling. If they try to ride this bike it will keep breaking and causing them trouble then they're more likely to give up cycling.
>>
>>947763
>>949592
Don't listen to the faggot wearing lycra, but I do agree that department store bikes are shit.
>>
>>950535
Which faggit wearing lycra?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.