[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys, like a month ago i ask how could i make my led buttons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: fightstick_03.jpg (126 KB, 1024x644) Image search: [Google]
fightstick_03.jpg
126 KB, 1024x644
guys, like a month ago i ask how could i make my led buttons to lit up on press, and i got a question

can i wire the wire of the button and the 5v for the led, on the same terminal? that way when i press the button, it would activate the button of the pad and the conection of the led...does this work?
>>
>>946973
Uhh... What? You're basically trying to build a house with a pile of wood, and asking if you can screw wood together. None of what your asking makes sense without context.
>>
uh..ok, ill try again, i want to use the same switch of the arcade button to activate, the button of the xbox360 pad AND the circuit for the led, those 2 things with the same switch, is it possible?
>>
>>946973
No. You'll need a double-pole switch, or a transistor to switch the LED.

The problem you'll get if you put the LED in series is that LEDs have a forward voltage. The controller controller is expecting to see either open or 5v, but if you put in an LED it'll see either open or <5v - LED forward voltage>, which will confuse it.

Plus the internal resistance of the input pin is probably sufficiently high that you won't get enough current to light an LED.
>>
oh, ok, thx...ill ways the lights will have to wait until i figure it out, thx anon
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.