[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys how do I remove the rev limiter in my 2015 icebear scoot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: B3nWpxWCQAMg0gn.jpg (19 KB, 477x575) Image search: [Google]
B3nWpxWCQAMg0gn.jpg
19 KB, 477x575
Guys how do I remove the rev limiter in my 2015 icebear scoot. Has a gy6 50c engine and im fucking tired of going 30mph. Please help
>>
>>946561
>50cc
>remove rev limit

The easiest way is to pass your bike test and buy a real bike. That way you won't scrap a moped or fail the MOT.
>>
Cmon man real answers please. Ive heard theres like a wire that u can cut and u can rev it all you want . Any idea on which one it is?
>>
>>946570
Cut the red wire.
>>
Thats alot of info there bud.
>>
>>946561
Buy a bicycle, it comes with the ability to rev it all you want by default.
>>
.... I shudve expected this from 4chan -.-
>>
You expected to go more than 30 mph on 50 cc? Are you 12?
>>
>>946561
The most common engine you could ask for but OP refuses to use a search engine?

Get on the forums and find out what SPECIFIC kind of CDI you have or if you have a CFT rev limiter. Took me ten seconds because curious. Not posting links or partnumbers because fuck you for being lazy.

This is not /spoonfeed/.

Mohammeds bleeding balls! What the FUCK is wrong with lazy cunts can't be arsed to use the same internet they snivel for help on to find info by typing a search string shorter than their fucking question?????

Now GTFO and go fast and die painfully before posting again (unless it's gore pics from crash on /b/).
>>
>>946651
CVT rev limiter. Fucking phone...

Interesting little engines though.
>>
>>946561
I think on a 50cc engine you are the limiter
>>
It doesn't matter how fast it can rev if it's not creating enough torque to keep you moving. 30mph is respectable for a cylinder that's not even big enough to fit my dick in.
>>
>>946570
Throw it off a cliff. That'll make it faster.

>>946668
This... 50cc is the reason you're not going to go faster than 30. No magic fucking pixie dust will make your bike faster. You need a larger cylinder, piston, carb, gears and variator to do it. But from your question, I can already tell you're too stupid and lazy to do that.
>>
F*** all of you, i have a 50cc scooter that goes 55 miles per hour modded. OP just got ripped off by buying a Chinese scooter instead of an actual Japanese scoot. There should be a washer between the two halves of the CVT on the left side of the casing. Youll go 32 mph instead but probably brake the bike if you overrev.
>>
>>946876
Why do you lie on the internet. why.

Pics of you engine or it didn't happen.
>>
>>946953
and uninterrupted video with a time stamp, of the engine size and then you getting it up to 55 mph
>>
>>947080
>people not believing you can get 55 mph on a 50cc

its what all kids do here in the netherlands as soon as they get a scooter.
>>
>>947093

How long do they last? How many miles?
>>
>>947100
>>
>>946612
Fuck off with that shit.
I bought a 1978 Mobylette that was missing half the shit it needed and /diy/ and /o/ helped me every step of the way.
>>946953
>>947080
>>947093
Not that guy, but you'd be surprised by what you can get out of those things with the right upgrades. Mine's got an AV10 and I pushed it up to 48 before it got too squirrelly. Dunno what OP's gookshit can do without exploding, though.

Pic isn't mine, but close.
>>
>>947110
fuck off chris
>>
what a trainwreck of a thread lmao
>>
It's probably limited in the CDI, the best course would be to buy an unlimited CDI and swap it out
>>
>>947144
I know a guy named Chris with a Moby, but I'm not Chris.
>>947151
*mopedwreck
>>
>>947167
>I know a guy named Chris with a Moby, but I'm not Chris.
Thats exactly what chris would say.
>>
>>947152
No, the best course of action would be to sell it and buy a 150cc scooter. Or throw it off a cliff.
>>
>>947167
We know it's you Chris. Quit being a pussy.
>>
>>947304
Yeah, but he wants to modify his that he already has which is part of the fun. With out the limiter and as long as he isn't a fatass he could get another 10 mph out of it.
>>
>>947307
Rev limiters is a scam... Few scooters have this in place and 99% op doesn't either.
>>
>>947308
No, almost all 50cc engines can go faster than 30 miles an hour. They are either electronically limited, exhaust limited, or restricting the gear ratio. A quick search of the name of the scooter he provided has others saying that the scooter he is talking about has a limited CDI
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.