[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/ This might be more of a request than a thread for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: victor1.jpg (20 KB, 440x334) Image search: [Google]
victor1.jpg
20 KB, 440x334
Hello /diy/

This might be more of a request than a thread for advice.

I got a Victor 1140B lathe machine for free (previous owner was going to disassemble it and sell it for scrap).

All the electromechanical aspects are in good condition, the only thing that it is lacking is the tool holder and the wiring for the auto settings.

Do any of you by any chance have any manuals or electric diagrams regardng this machine?

also lathe/milling general I guess.
>>
>>945999
1440B*

My bad.
>>
>>945999
Phase II makes toolholder setups in a few different sizes, in piston or wedge... the wedge types are generally a bit more solid than the pistons.
I can't help much with the wiring issue.

you might check the bed/ways first before spending money or much time on it tho. it may just be scrap....
>>
>>945999
I got nothing to contribute, but nice trips.
>>
>>945999
what does "auto setting" even mean?
>>
>>946029
My bad, english isn't my first language.

Meant the auto setting where you can let the bed travel a certain distance by itself instead of using the levers to move it along the piece at a certain speed to make tapers and threads and what not.

Basically it only turns on and spins clockwise. I might need to disassemble it to check if all the speed gears are in order, aside from the control wiring being fucked up.
>>
>>946032
thats mechanical only
>>
>>946032
it would be usefull if you were to supply an actual picture of the machine.
>>
>>945999

>Victor

They are still a running bussiness, why don't you shoot a mail to em? It sounds like a good idea, and it would be good for you to have it... I'm sure you can work something out with their comercial department and send you a repair manual.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.