[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm having trouble with my sound system in my truck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1454561081545.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1454561081545.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
So, I'm having trouble with my sound system in my truck. What it is doing:
My subwoofer is trying to produce sound, every now and then it will hit, but immediately stop. From what I can tell, it might be my RCA cable, the guy who hooked up my system popped open my fuse box under the dash and wrapped it around a fuse before plugging it back in. It worked great until about a month ago. Fuse is not blown, and when I swapped fuses (moved the cable from one fuse to the other) it continues to do the same thing. Anyone have any advice so I don't have to re-run any cable?
>>
>>941082
He probably just ran a wire from the fuse to tell the amp to turn on. What amp is it?
>>
>>941085
Kicker DX A250.1
>>
>>941082
Check all wire connections. Most importantly your ground make sure its large enough gauge wire. Is the setting on your amp allowing the correct amps received from your headunit through the rca cords. is it wired properly to matching ohms value.
>>
>>941082
>it will hit, but immediately stop
either your connections dont have enough contact or your amp is too small to push that sub.

whats your amp's rating?
>>
>>941134
500 watts. It was pushing that pioneer in the picture perfectly fine until about a month ago.
>>
Why would he wrap the rca around a fuse? The only thing that should have a fuse is the power cable to the amp.
>>
Do your lights flicker when the bass hits? V6 truck? I had similar problems awhile ago and it was my alternator slowly going out. Otherwise I'd check all the connections and make sure power and the negative were on opposite sides of the vehicle and check the rca connections behind the head unit as well.
>>
It could be the bass coil
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.