[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Office chair: pneumatic removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 61-Uhc1pPHL._SL1200_.jpg (78 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61-Uhc1pPHL._SL1200_.jpg
78 KB, 1200x1200
Hello I would love to know if it's possible to remove the pneumatic function from the chair, I always keep it at the lowest and I don't need to go up and down.
However, the chair keeps going up.

I prefer it to have stuck and don't move

Any help?
>>
>>937052
the pneumatic cylinder is the bit that attaches the seat to the base so if you can find something suitable to replace it then yes.
>>
Just drill a hole in it
>>
It isn't a "pneumatic" function.. It is an hydraulic function.
>>
>>937061

this. drill a small hole, drain the hydraulic fluid. no more lift
>>
>>937052
Are you a midget?
>>
>>937078
Actually it is a pneumatic function, as the cylinder uses a gas, which compresses when you lower the chair.
There is actually two cylinders, a nitrogen gas spring, and a cylinder with a valve that allows gas to enter/exit.

When you lower the chair, gas escapes, when you raise it, the nitrogen spring lifts the chair drawing air in.

This wouldn't work as a passive hydraulic system because hydraulic fluid isn't compressible.
>>
>>937088

Lol, actually I'm 1.85, unfortunately the desk is very low and I can't jerk under the desk if I go higher
>>
>>937236
I love how it always comes down to masturbation on 4chan...

It sounds like you have a leaky check valve in the top of your cylinder. Drilling a small hole in the bottom would do the trick, but you'll have to be careful due to the pressure on the compressed inner cylinder. For best results, extend the cylinder as far as possible before venting it.
>>
Thanks! Is there any video on how to drill that part? I'm a bit afraid of doing it
>>
>>937478
On some gas lift cylinders there's a bleed cock you could keep open.
Or, just pointing this out, you could put something under the desk feet to raise the desk up
>>
>>937052
The only way to remove the pneumatic function is by breaking the pneumatic function, or removing it and then you're practically building a new chair base.
>>
>>937303
It's always about masturbation. The others are just liars.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.