[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No door knob, latch still in place!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I just got home from work, inserted my key to unlock the front door, twisted the door knob and the knob came off. I entered through the back door and removed the knob from inside the house. The photo shows what is still keeping the door from opening. Any ideas how I can get the door open? I tried sticking a screwdriver inside that big opening in the middle and forcing the latch open but I'm either not strong enough or it doesn't work that way. Any advice before calling a locksmith would be appreciated. Thanks
>>
Turn the thingy.
>>
Where the fuck is your rotating latch mechanism? Show the part on the doorknob that is supposed to fit in there.
>>
File: 2016-01-25 18.31.32.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 18.31.32.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>935989
These two protrusions attach to the latch and are actuated by the handle. They just get pushed backwards away from the door jam to retract the lock.
>>
File: door.png (693 KB, 921x629) Image search: [Google]
door.png
693 KB, 921x629
Push here.
Or stick the part (still attached to one of the knobs) that's half moon shape in that hole and turn.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.