[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a HP all in one computer that would not turn on. Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a HP all in one computer that would not turn on. Does this look fixable? All I have is a multimeter, soldering iron and basic knowledge of electronics. Thanks.
>>
Try brushing that area througroughly with isopropanol, managed to save a laptop after a spill once that way. Although it doesn't look good.
>>
>>931547
What's on the other side of the board, specifically right underneath where it says "atxpower"?

It looks like a component on the bottom of the board overheated. You can see the heat damage to the pcb there, where it turned the fiber board brown.
>>
>>931547
looks like you burned an smd component on the other side of the board. It's a bit hard to replace and not worth the effort. But if you can find if and have the willpower and steady hands of an owl eye surgeon, yeah you could fix it.
>>
Thanks guys. Nothing looks fried on the bottom side of mb. There is 19V on the pins of the missing IC. Isn't that way to much?
>>
>>931606
>missing IC
Where did it go and is there a history to this motherboard? Can you post the exact motherboard model number as sometimes schematics are floating around on the web.

But it looks like one half of a synchronous buck converter is missing, effectively depriving the system of one of its voltage rails.
>>
>>931619
HP touch smart 320
Mb - AAHD3-NK
I can't find any loose components. Is it possible the IC exploded and nothing's left.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 500x539
>>
File: 81zKygepy8L._SL1500_ (1).jpg (229 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
81zKygepy8L._SL1500_ (1).jpg
229 KB, 1500x1125
>>931628
>HP touch smart 320
Is this it, the area circled in red?
>>
>>931630
Yes sir
>>
File: smd.png (39 KB, 539x319) Image search: [Google]
smd.png
39 KB, 539x319
>>931631
In that case the chip (a MOSFET) has either de-soldered its self or exploded off, it won't work with out it.

Pic related shows what its doing in the circuit, its part of a voltage regulator for whatever is underneath that heatsink. Its either the top or bottom one that is missing.
>>
>>931639
Thank you anon. I'm going to order another broken mb off eBay and try and put that IC back.
>>
File: bad.png (1 MB, 861x550) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
1 MB, 861x550
>>931648
It could have taken out its driver IC other components too, MOSFET's tend to short out supply rails and controllers when they go pop.

Can you find any working boards for a good price? As at this point it would just be more economical to do that rather than gamble with several small SMD parts.
>>
>>931653
and other components*
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.