[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete the Circuit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 20160109_170531.jpg (358 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160109_170531.jpg
358 KB, 720x1280
So I bought an enlarger head and power supply to use as a light source for my digital film scanning setup.

> pic related
>>
File: 20160109_170614.jpg (323 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160109_170614.jpg
323 KB, 720x1280
The setup requires a timer to complete the circuit and turn on the enlarger lamp. I don't have a timer. The timer plugs into the back of the power supply.

I only took a basic electrical engineering course in college so I don't know much about this. I'd like to avoid having to buy a timer. Could I use a spare electrical cord, plug it in the back of the power supply, and cut the other end off, connecting the positive and negative wires?
>>
Here is the manual for the enlarger with a connection diagram.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-coll/manuals/enlargers/omega/Super%20Chromega%20D%20Lamphouse%20Dichroic.pdf
>>
>>927489
OH wow guy, I just bought a Zenith BnW enlarger for my girlfriend.
She wants to build a dark room so I'm hoping to surprize her. A late new year sort of present.
However didn't get a timer with the unit. Its a simple little unit with a incandescent bulb in the top that just plugs in to a wall outlet.
I figured id just make an Arduino controlled timer with a relay switch and a timer.
But I haven't given it much thought yet.
I kinda figured i'd use a couple of buttons one prolongs exposures buy like x sec another one shortens it by x. 2 more buttons define the incrament, and a third button starts the exposure.
But I'm thinking if I should use an led display, might fuck up exposures :/
>>
>>927491
>connecting the positive and negative wires?
does not good idea sound. Your manual has no pinouts, or anything useful, but, my guess would be, simply bridging 'to timer' & 'from timer' socket/plug should work.

Can chek with a multimeter as well, measure current on 'to timer' - prob. 110v (or whatever, non murrican) - in which case, you can run any standard timer suitable for high-voltage AC - you get these (manual) in ebay for a couple of bucks, used for light switching, heating, etc. Or digital, for a few dollas more.

As said, only a guess, but bridging those should prob start your fan/ light etc. and, for a timer (optional) anything that interrupts the live line between those sockets would do. Cavaet Emptor, and all, tho.
>>
File: 20160109_190349.jpg (381 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160109_190349.jpg
381 KB, 720x1280
>>927527
I yolo'd your advice and success!

Thank you
>>
>>927554
np bro - be glad you never yolo'd your initial 'solution' tho, you'd maybe have proved it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.