[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/. I've been trying to get some traction with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: so fucking many.jpg (149 KB, 1680x1260) Image search: [Google]
so fucking many.jpg
149 KB, 1680x1260
Hi /diy/.

I've been trying to get some traction with this on Google, but all I can find is lists and housewives 'upcycling' things, which is not quite what I'm going for.

I have a LOT of vodka bottles. Mostly 1.75L Sveda bottles. So they're big, heavy, indented on the sides.

Can anyone think of more practical uses for these? I have at least a dozen, and I'll probably have a thirteenth by Monday.
>>
>>927097
Take them with you to your first AA meeting, maybe one of the other substance abusers will have an idea.
>>
>>927156
Whats up with the invasion of fucking cunts like this on /DIY/
>>
Besides Glass Cutting to make your own lamps, Glasses Ect. nothing really comes to mind. A Bit harder to get the hang of compared to Wine bottled IMO
>>
>>927840
/b/ is dead i need a new home
>>
Make fancy display pickling jars.
>>
>>927097
Ball mill them into glass frit and then recast them into some ugly sculptures. Use the frit as filler in clear resin castings, makes nice holographic affects.

Refill them with home made Alcohol. Turn them into Lights. Molotov cocktail? Recycle them. Shove them up your ass. Write an exceedingly long message over numerous Bottles and then throw them into the sea.
>>
slump them in a glass klin, use them as stove top spoon holders.
>>
>>928207
My aunt bought one of these for what I can assume was no less than $30 at a flea market
>>
>>927840
Just the regulars becoming bitter from stoners, alcoholics and general degenerates popping in to ask their dumbass questions.
>>
>>927097
Do like south america and use them as bricks
>>
>>927097
You could make cups or jars and sell them on etsy
>>
I remember in Bolivia seeing some native festival where children were smashing glass bottles against a rock that looked like an animals head. Maybe you can do something like that?
>>
>>927097
As is the only answer when you ask /diy/,
>I have x, what do?
I suggest you shove them up your ass. All of them.
>>
>>927097
Yeah, all the suggestions I can think of:
Shelf using bottles as supports. Commonly made with beer bottles, but could work.
Aforementioned slump trays.
Cut off bottle neck to make large glasses/carafes. Bonus points if you partially melt and pull out a pour notch with pliers.
Cut bottles in half lengthwise and drill nail holes to make a glass version of terracotta shingles for a tiny house. Or melt them i guess. Hard to work with bottle glass for specific shapes because the mix is for machine casting, not for hand workability.
Get some canning wax and fill the caps with it, then fill bottles with boiled water from the tap (boil for 20 minutes or so, then pour into bottle while hot. MAY crack bottle). then put caps on tightly while wax is warm and soft (but not melted). You now have emergency water supply in the event of a serious disaster (pasteurized water in plastic bottles will leech and break down after a year or two, it SHOULD last forever in glass with a canning wax seal. You should probably leave it in the sun for a few days to see if you fucked up the sterilization.
Slice a bottle into rings and sand down corners for bangles.
cut off necks and bury in garden etc to improve water retention by acting as small reservoirs.

Get into homebrewing and use as wine bottles.
>>
File: dish.jpg (81 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
dish.jpg
81 KB, 800x450
Saw some neat dishes for peanuts and snacks made by lying the bottle on it's side, heating it up then squashing the top down to male a depression.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.