[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I picked up this broken psp that was listed as not charging.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: psp.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
psp.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
I picked up this broken psp that was listed as not charging. At first i wired a tp4056 circuit to the battery terminals but it would not charge. then i read sony batteries have a chip inside so i wired an 18650 cell to the board. i have a charger on the way but it won't power on so is it worth doing anything with? or what should i do next
>>
>>927043
buy a new battery? even if the old one still have some juice left you will end up needing new one.
If it still doesn't charge, check up the charging circuit on board - starting from the connector and up until the battery lead.
>>
>>927054
the led on the tp4056 board went blue so indicated the psp battery had full charge but it read almost 0v on meter and the same when I opened it up and measured the lithium cells directly. Is there any way to test it out before i spend more money on it? I soldered the 18650 to two pins directly without the board in the picture but it would not power on either.
>>
so you saing wiring the PSP directly to a power supply doesent works either?
I'm not sure but shit might have resistance measurements like the apple crap has that stops them charging from "non-genuine" chargers...
if that's not the case, try measuring values from the battery to the power button.
In the end, the shitty button might went bad from the previous nigger's greasy fingers
>>
>>927062
i measured the battery terminals and i got .8 volts then rocked them and got 4 volts and it powered on so i'm good now thanks, it was just an intermittent connection.
>>
>>927066
good job, enjoy your new toy
>>
>>927068
do you happen to know are firmware modded psp able to play games from sd cards in an adapter or do i need the magicgate name on the memory stick duo.
>>
>>927087
You don't need MagicGate
>>
>>927087
Using a 64 gig microsd with an adapter in mine and it's working fine. You just have to format it in the PSP and it takes a few extra seconds to scan the contents each time you return to the main menu due to the large size.
>>
>>927279
that's new to me, i thought the manual specified no larger than 32gb memory for the psp but good to know. the li-ion cell charged up so I'll put the battery together and try it out when the charger comes.
ok thanks all.
>>
>>927043
get a power adapter, maybe the battery is dead. It could be the power switch aswell
>>
>>927318
the original battery was dead but is charged up now after disassembly and I await a power adapter. the psp1003 wouldn't charge via usb whereas the later 2000 and 3000 did and the seller said he had two psp so maybe there's nothing wrong with it at all.
>>
Sorry, i am new to all this but can you download a snes emulator and the likes to it?
>>
>>927342
yeah that's why i bought it. i was going to buy a revo k101 but everyone said this was cheaper and has support for megadrive games whereas the revo doesn't afaik. an android smartphone would be as powerful but doesn't have buttons built in so the games are crippled, unless you use a joypad.
>>
File: IMAG0277.jpg (970 KB, 2048x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0277.jpg
970 KB, 2048x1520
>>927313
Yeah I was surprised too. Found the microsd for cheap and already had the adapter so I figured I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>927383
since I haven't changed the firmware yet, do you have a link to what you are using? and is it true the firmware has to be reloaded on power on every time?
>>
>>927395
I haven't bothered to go beyond 5.00 m33 yet, which is what's still on my magic memory stick. No idea what the new methods are, check >>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>927395
You have an older model so you can install the mod permanently.
>>
>>927403
get a hold of the 6.60 m33, its far more optimized
>>
>>927777
Phew!
I used an excessive amount of work to find this post while sitting here on the shitter.
Now I can finally go out with the kids and build something of the ice blocks we froze bring the night...
>>
>>927783
thanks
my current firmware is 6.39 is that compatible with 6.60 m33?
>>
>>927828
Yes
>>
>>927320
correct, i have 3 1003 models. they unfortunatly dont charge through usb. dont know if that is firmware related tho.

660PRO-C firmware

u can upgrade from m33 by mounting flash0 and change the version in the TXT. then insert original 660 firmware and flash with desired
>>
>>928058
If the PSP's fully dead you need to charge it with the barrel plug. Once you've got it running you can charge with USB
>>
i got it charging with a tp4056 board but the dc barrel jack is shorted from pin to barrel. anyone know where i can get a replacement?
>>
File: tp4056.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
tp4056.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>928163
forgot pic
>>
>>927043
Hey guys, just in case any PSP experts are lurking here, mine stopped reading discs. I tried a lens cleaner and no help. Is there any easy fix for this? Thanks.
>>
>>928122
PSP 1000 models can't charge via USB.

>>928163
Aliexpress is usually a decent source.

>>928193
You probably need to replace the drive or just mod it and run everything from the memory stick.
>>
File: Foto 28.jpg (779 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Foto 28.jpg
779 KB, 4000x3000
>>928334
Indeed, you can yank off the drive once you've ripped the discs to your memory card.

I modded my psp further to add usb charging, no big deal, just the +VCC from the barrel socket right to the mini USB pin (it'll try to connect to PC, just abort anyways) and stuffed the space with salvaged cellphone batteries.
>>
File: Foto 10.jpg (880 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Foto 10.jpg
880 KB, 4000x3000
>>929487
wtf 4chan ate my pic
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.